Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Suddenly my store started charging sales tax for all

Search the forums for:

for more info ...

When you say you "found an error" where did you find it, what is the whole error message? If in the /cache in a debug log, what is the date? Is it current?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yes from today found in cache "[06-May-2012 07:19:36] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order in /home/smokxxx/public_html/includes/classes/order.php on line 1058. There are about 6 of these error messages. I looked at line in order php and the line is }
    Last edited by sham; 7 May 2012 at 03:16 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Searching form is found this post

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Edit your Zone for your State and on the Tax Rate, give it a Description ...

Go to the Configuration ... My Store ... and check the setting for:

Do you always want the line for Taxes when $0.00 to still show?

NOTE: do you notice if logged in and not with a Oklahoma address that the tax does not show?

When NOT logged in and you click the PayPal Express button it shows the Tax as it does not know who you are yet and whether you should be taxed or not ...
    I had same problem that paypal shows the tax before logged in when paypal express button pressed. This problem only happened after I upgrade to 1.50V. I still have same type shop cart web run 3.9. It did not show tax until logged in.
    Any suggestion to fix the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jamesyue View Post
    I had same problem that paypal shows the tax before logged in when paypal express button pressed. This problem only happened after I upgrade to 1.50V. I still have same type shop cart web run 3.9. It did not show tax until logged in.
    Any suggestion to fix the problem?
    This is a serious issue because I have tax zone set to Illinois only, it works fine when a customer registers/logs in, but when using PayPal Express Checkout, it automatically adds tax and even after logging into PayPal, it still wants to charge the amount from Zencart that includes sales tax. So even though it now knows that I'm not in Illinois, it still wants to charge me tax.

Any resolutions on this?

Plugin Contributions

My shop is version 1.5.0. I had an order from Texas and Paypal Express added a sales tax when there should not have been a tax. There is a sales tax showing in my paypal account for this order. I checked previous orders from this shop and no sales taxes were applied. This is something new that happened.

I have two zone definitions set up. One zone is for insurance, zone define, no tax setting (yellow icon), which is set for all zones. The second zone definition is sales tax set up for RI, zone and taxes defined (green icon). The details show that Rhode Island is the only zone selected, not all zones. To test I went through the checkout process and when I get to the paypal payment form there is a sales tax (RI 7%) being applied which shows in the order summary, even though there isn't a known zip code at this point.

Configuration > my store > basis of product tax is set to shipping.

I haven't added any new modules to my shop in quite a while to account for this problem. I don't recall having made any settings changes in admin which might cause this. I checked my shipping modules to see if tax was being applied to shipping fee and that is set to none. I set the RI tax rate priority to 1 and that doesn't make a difference. I checked my paypal account and there were no taxes set up in there so I set up a tax rate for RI to see if that would make any difference but it did not. I changed my insurance zone from all zones to just guam to see if maybe paypal is picking up the tax amount from that but tax is still being applied.

I also have a 1.3.9h shop using paypal express and this sales tax problem isn't happening. No sales tax is showing in the order summary on the paypal payment form and orders outside of RI are not being charged sales tax.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123