Plugin Contributions

Default resending gift certificate?

If a customer buys a gift certificate, and then gives it to someone else, but the recipient says they did not receive or lost the e-mail, how can it be resent?

I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to get the gift certificate to the intended recipient..

Thanks,
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: resending gift certificate?

If enabled in the Configuration ... E-Mail Options ... the Admin can set the email that would recieve a copy of the email when one customer sends another customer GVs ...
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To - Status
    Send copy of Customer GV Send Status
    0= off 1= on
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To
    Send copy of Customer GV Send emails to the following email addresses, in this format: Name 1 <email@address1>, Name 2 <email@address2>
    The Gift Certificates sent by either the Admin or from one customer to another can be seen in your Zen Cart Admin if you go to the Gift Certificate/Coupons ... Gift Certificate Sent ... the Admin would see listed who sent GVs, the email address that they sent it to, the amount of the GV sent, the date sent and whether it has been redeemed or not yet ...

If the customer lost the email and it has not been redeemed yet, you can just email the customer and give them the GV Redemption code that is listed ... and now the customer can redeem it by click the GV FAQ or during checkout ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If enabled in the Configuration ... E-Mail Options ... the Admin can set the email that would recieve a copy of the email when one customer sends another customer GVs ...

The Gift Certificates sent by either the Admin or from one customer to another can be seen in your Zen Cart Admin if you go to the Gift Certificate/Coupons ... Gift Certificate Sent ... the Admin would see listed who sent GVs, the email address that they sent it to, the amount of the GV sent, the date sent and whether it has been redeemed or not yet ...

If the customer lost the email and it has not been redeemed yet, you can just email the customer and give them the GV Redemption code that is listed ... and now the customer can redeem it by click the GV FAQ or during checkout ...
    Thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update that this was able to help you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar situation. A customer called and said she'd never gotten her "Release" e-mail. So how do I know if it's been received/used and (being charitable) she just forgot? The ZC system shows the order, but not much else.

In "Gift Vouchers Sent" (in admin) I have no history of GCs outside of two recent ones. I checked the database with phpMyAdmin and I found a few tables (coupon_gv_customer, coupon_gv_queue, product_coupon_gv_customer, product_coupon_gv_queue) but only the first two have the pertinent data. Another table (coupons) had the two recent GCs I mentioned before.

I didn't have e-mail archiving turned on (since corrected), so I don't have any proof that the customer was notified.

The only option I see right now is to set the "coupon release flag" in product_coupon_gv_queue to "N" and re-release the GC to her.

Any suggestions?