Plugin Contributions

Default Looking for a few pages

Hi,

I'm using the 'Business' template for my store, and there is a few things that I need to change on certain pages.

The first page that I need to find, is the main index.php. The main page that everyone views once they are on the site.

The second page that I need to find, is the registration form. I need to find this page so I can add my own required field. Also, I will need the page (if it includes one) that defines which fields are required, and which fields are sent in the email.

Does anybody know where I can find this 3 files?

Thanks,

Jon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Looking for a few pages

The "landing page" has an area for custom text and this is edited under ADMIN >>> TOOLS >>> DEFINE PAGES EDITOR >>>define_main_page.php .

Essentially, it is basically raw HTML that you put into the file.

The "registration" page is composed by the php, drawing in its fields from fields that already exist in a number of database tables. IF you want to add your own custom input field, you are going to have to do a number of things - both to the various code files, AND the database.

1. You are going to need an ADDITIONAL database field (maybe in its own table), to STORE the data you intend to capture.
    2. You are going to have to both EDIT and WRITE NEW php files to firstly get that data into the database, and then to USE the data in your website.

This is possible, and there are posts describing how additional fields are added to the DATABASE and to code files... But it is not easy.

What exactly is it that you are trying to capture, and how do you intend using that data?
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. But i'm waiting to change the 'Title' of the page, it has the default title right now, but i'm wanting to change it to my own.

It does sound quite hard to do, but I will look at the posts.

Well, I run a Minecraft server with a family member, and we receive quite a lot of donations from the players. But it gets annoying when they don't type in the their username so we can give the rewards to them. And i'm hoping to get the donations to be made automatically.

I'm wanting to capture their Minecraft name that they will have to fill in when registering, and then I will receive the payment and details when they donation (this will include their MInecraft name). This is so I can give them what they ordered straight away.

But, this is just the first part. I know it's going to be hard, and probably messy.

My cousin is then going to have to write a plugin that will get their order from the database, go by the Minecraft name that they entered on registration and then give them their order.

But the thing that confuses me, is that everything in Minecraft is dealt by item ID's. We'll have to somehow make it so when I put a new item into the catalog, we'll somehow have to make so the serverside plugin can read the order database, get the ID of the item, and give them the correct item.

I know this sounds confusing, but it's easier explained in words. We both have experience in Java, HTML, CSS and PHP. My cousin has high experience in Java, but very low experience in HTML, CSS and PHP. And I have high experience in HTML, CSS and PHP, but low experience in Java.

I know it will be a lot of work, but do you think any of this is possible?

Plugin Contributions

The human race has proved that it's possible to land men on the moon... but as you have rightly surmised, it wasn't easy.

You will need a very detailed understanding of how ZC works, in addition to top-notch PHP and MySQL skills... but just as we did with getting men on the moon, this is probably possible...
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

For the username, if you are not using the company name at registration (I don't see why you would need to), you could repurpose that as the username. Just find and redefine the descriptive text surrounding it and you're good to go.