Plugin Contributions

Default Remove Month / Category Name in New, Featured Products Header...

Hello,

How do I delete the Month / Category Name in the New Products Header center box? Instead of "New Products For May / New Products For May - Category Name", just "New Products".

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Month / Category Name in New, Featured Products Header...

Use your admin's Tools->Developers ToolKit and search for the string "new products" (without the quotes) in all catalog files. That will tell you which of the files that text string is in so that you can make the change you require. The full text string probably has a %s in it (to accept different months/category names); it's OK to just have a fixed text string like you want.

Remember to copy the language file from /includes/languages/english to /includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE before you make your changes.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I got rid of the "month" but I cannot find where to delete the category name.
    I checked and edited all files that has New Products %s but none of them deleted the category name.
    Any idea where this might be?

Plugin Contributions

The define that contained the "New Products for %s" is named TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS. Use your admin's Tools->Developers Tool Kit to search for that name in all catalog files and it will show you the name of the PHP file that appends the category name ...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.
    Found it now. Was only searching "New Products" and that's why the one for category name didnt show up.