Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: adding multiple images

Quote Originally Posted by kiisu View Post
    HI,

I got stuck in a quite simple task - adding more than one image to the product.

Did exactly as shown in the tutorial without any sucess
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zae6Y0jeB3c

Also in the catalog/additional product images couldnt help me(could do the upload and select files but the image preview is not appearing) Same on the product page - still one image

Is there any other places to check?
    What TEMPLATE are you using? EG: Some TemplateMonster templates deliberately disable additional images. It may also be true of other commercial templates.

Look in YOUR TEMPLATE'S tpl_product_info_display.php file. Do you see:

PHP Code:
    <!--bof Additional Product Images -->
    <?php
    /**
     * display the products additional images
     */

require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_additional_images.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_additional_images.php'); ?>
    <!--eof Additional Product Images -->

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kiisu View Post
    read the topic, still everything correct

In the Main catalogue I have
    kummik.jpg
    kummik_01.jpg
    kummik_02.jpg

I got a bit deeper by searcing the answer now
    in my window Admin->Catalog->Product Types->Product General->Edit Layout->Show Additional Images = true
    (should be selection 0 or 1 , I have selection true,false???) - maybe thats messing something up?
    I Use kummik1.jpg
    kummik1-2.jpg
    kummik1-3.jpg

Works every time

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dsimon View Post
    I Use kummik1.jpg
    kummik1-2.jpg
    kummik1-3.jpg

Works every time
    but not for me. as for fairestcapes recommendation - yes I can see this exact code

all it does with image uploading is that it replaces the existing one

since the page is quite new ~24h Im willing to give out passwords for someone experienced to try - but dont mess it up please :)

Plugin Contributions

I hope you got this solved. From your last post it seems you are uploading through the interface on the product page. Is it possible that you have to upload the files manually? Or would that make a difference? The more I think about it, that shouldn't really matter except that perhaps Zen-Cart assumes that you have only one image because it doesn't have a place to start counting? I'm just speculating.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hermes369 View Post
    I hope you got this solved. From your last post it seems you are uploading through the interface on the product page. Is it possible that you have to upload the files manually? Or would that make a difference? The more I think about it, that shouldn't really matter except that perhaps Zen-Cart assumes that you have only one image because it doesn't have a place to start counting? I'm just speculating.
    You can only upload the first (main) image by the admin interface on the product page.
    kummik.jpg

The additional images need to be upload manually by ftp
    kummik_01.jpg
    kummik_02.jpg

If you upload them all by the admin interface they just replace the previous image
    So if you did that in order kummik.jpg, kummik_01.jpg, kummik_02.jpg
    Then kummik_02.jpg would be the main image and the other 2 would not be connected anywhere.

btw: There are addons that can upload additional images for products, such as IH3 or IH4

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    You can only upload the first (main) image by the admin interface on the product page.
    kummik.jpg

The additional images need to be upload manually by ftp
    kummik_01.jpg
    kummik_02.jpg

If you upload them all by the admin interface they just replace the previous image
    So if you did that in order kummik.jpg, kummik_01.jpg, kummik_02.jpg
    Then kummik_02.jpg would be the main image and the other 2 would not be connected anywhere.

btw: There are addons that can upload additional images for products, such as IH3 or IH4
    Not quite right. If you loaded 03 first, then 02, then 01, 01 will be your main image, and 02 and 03 will be connected and work as additional images. You don't have to load them by FTP, you can do it via admin as long as you load them in reverse order.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dgent View Post
    Not quite right. If you loaded 03 first, then 02, then 01, 01 will be your main image, and 02 and 03 will be connected and work as additional images. You don't have to load them by FTP, you can do it via admin as long as you load them in reverse order.
    Yes if you load the main image last, that should work fine.

Of course this still isn't optimal for images.
    as you should have small, medium and large versions of the images for efficiency.
    Normally you would ftp these to the server or use an addon

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem tried all the suggested naming procedures above plus more, also checked tpl_product_info_display.php file it matches the above, mine also has the true(selected) or false on the pull down but has 1 in the value of "Show Product Additional Images" also tried suggested upload procedures above with no luck, does anyone have any other suggestions?

http://weddingprep.com.au zen 1.5.0
    site was showing multiple pics before recent upgrade from 1.3.9

Plugin Contributions

Good morning...I'm new to the forum and don't mean to hijack this thread, so if I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.

I'm not a PHP or CSS guru, although I have a basic understanding of both.

I'm having the EXACT same problem as kiisu and Stevinoz. I'm running ZC v1.5.1, which was showing multiple images with no problems until I attempted to install the 'Additional Product Images v2.0c" module yesterday. As soon as I had installed that, multiple images no longer displayed.

I removed (or at least it appears that I removed) the Additional Images module, but still no additional images. My images are all in the main Images folder, and had been working fine.

I've tried everything suggested in this thread to no avail. Does anyone know what .PHP files (or anything relevant) I need to look at to determine what the problem is?

Thanks in advance for any help/insight. I can post a link to my store, but you won't be able to tell anything's wrong, so I don't see the point.

Guy

Plugin Contributions

This morning I took another look at this and actually resolved the problem. This worked in my case, it may not work for you.

In this file -

includes/templates/your_template/templates/tpl_modules_additional_images.php I found this line:

<?php
    if ($flag_show_product_info_additional_images != 1 && $num_images > 0) {
    ?>

Note the bold number 1. I changed that to a 0 (zero) so now I have this:

<?php
    if ($flag_show_product_info_additional_images != 0 && $num_images > 0) {
    ?>

Voila! All is well.

Obviously that Additional Images thing I attempted to use changed this file, but did not inform me. I just happended to look at the file's 'last modified' date... And like I said, I'm not a PHP guru, so this was a great 'PITA', as it were.

Hope this helps someone else.

Later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast