Plugin Contributions

Default insert/update/delete products from remote server

We use Zen-cart on multiple servers, and would like to be able to update/insert/delete complete products remotely, that is, totally automatically from another master server. We can use any kind of interface you might have (csv, xml, rpc, rest, soap, etc.). We just need something to receive the data and process it into the zen-cart tables.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: insert/update/delete products from remote server

Quote Originally Posted by wallmonk View Post
    We use Zen-cart on multiple servers, and would like to be able to update/insert/delete complete products remotely, that is, totally automatically from another master server. We can use any kind of interface you might have (csv, xml, rpc, rest, soap, etc.). We just need something to receive the data and process it into the zen-cart tables.
    I'm not sure what you are asking... Are you wanting to update all servers with the same data at the same time? If so, this is quite an unusual request, and I'm sure there is no current means of doing it.... it wouldn't be an easy task due to the way the tables are inter-related.

If you are only interested in updating each server 'remotely', then one has to ask that since you access the server from your home computer. then how much more 'remote' can you get?

I'm confused.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

The clue is in the word "automatically". The products in the remote zen-cart servers are under the control of an automated system that determines what products go where. No human intervention is involved.

Plugin Contributions

The products in the remote zen-cart servers are under the control of an automated system that determines what products go where. No human intervention is involved.
    Please explain a little more about this 'automated system' Is this something that you *have* or something that you *want*?

Cheers
    Rod (still confused)

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Do all the sites have exactly the same products (ie: identical data)?

Or do different sites have different products?

Or are some products "shared" across some sites?

How is your "master database" configured? How is data loaded to the master database? Does the master database have a flag (or field) which identifies whether a product is to be loaded to just one site, or several sites?

I think your first task should be to get the master server to generate (and store in a FTP-accessible folder) specific product feeds - probably XML, but you could look at a CSV.

Using a CSV system would open up possibilities with EasyPopulate. I have seen modules that "collect" (via a CRON), a CSV file from a designated folder on a server, and then use a modified version of easyPopulate to "load" the data. The CRON ran every 5 minutes or so.

I imagine what you are asking is possible, but it's complex.

Plugin Contributions

nothing worth doing is ever easy. I'm waiting for a response from EasyPopulate. could not tell from their website whether they can do what i want or not. in the meantime, i'm writing my own soap server. I already have the update/insert/delete code written, just need it to run on the right server...

Plugin Contributions

I'm waiting for a response from EasyPopulate. .
    If you are looking for LANGER then you are unlikely to get a response. LANGER seems to have disappeared. The forum hasn't heard from him for many years.

CHADDERUSKI developed EP version 4, so you might like to contact him via PM.

Plugin Contributions

don't know Langer. went to EP website and used contact link. i assume there's someone running the site somewhere...

Plugin Contributions

What is the URL of this "Easy Populate" site?