Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to set up downloadable products?

LOL You must have already been typing that when I was asking my previous question, because they were literally only seconds apart! Okay, trying to figure it out now...thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In addition to the text in the tutorial, the video clip walks you through the whole process, including what Ajeh just posted.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    Okay, now I'm confused (it doesn't take much, I'm afraid). I'm on the Options Name Manager page and I don't see anything like that there. Sorry! This is what I see:

1 en: "Select Your Format" Order: __ Dropdown/Radio etc Insert

Do I need to fill in the Order field, and which Option would you recommend for what I'm trying to do?
    The Option Name Sort Order is for when there are multiple Option Names on the same Product and you want them to display in a certain order ...

The Option Value Sort Order is for when there are multiple Option Values within the Option Name and you want to display them in a certain order ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    In addition to the text in the tutorial, the video clip walks you through the whole process, including what Ajeh just posted.
    Actually the video clip was what confused me most, and that's odd for me, because I'm normally a very visual person. The list of instructions in the original post I referenced were crystal-clear and I was able to follow them 1, 2, 3.

BTW, just wanted to say THANK YOU to you all for jumping so quickly on this and helping me. I really appreciate it!!!!!!! The finished site is going to look (and work!) awesome, thanks to you guys!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I think I've figured it out...and thank you again!!!!!

One other question, though: I initially had the price set at $4.95 (for the ebooks) and when I made adjustments to the paper and hard versions, it showed up as (+$10.00) which looked really odd. So I removed the initial price, and set each price manually through the Attributes setting. Now it shows up okay (except that having (+1lbs) after the price looks pretty odd) but it's still showing "Starting at:" up at the top of the page. Is there a way to get rid of that line?

http://www.jogrant.com/library/index...products_id=15

Also, how do I get rid of that "This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 10 May, 2012." line and the "10 Units in Stock" line?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Scully; 10 May 2012 at 04:10 PM.

Plugin Contributions

If the Prices are now on the attributes, you can mark the Product as Priced by Attribute with a 0 Price ...

On the Attribute Prices, if you do not want the + on the amount, you can remove that ...

To ensure the customer picks the right selection, you should add one more Option Value for:
    Pick format from below
    Default YES
    Display Only YES
    Sort Order 0

This will force the customer to pick a valid choice from the Attributes in the dropdown ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, that one took me a bit to figure out because you bounced from one screen to another. LOL So, I removed the + from each of the prices and weights, set up the extra option as the first to appear, and set it to display only. Whoo hoo!!

Now...how can I get rid of those three lines that either shouldn't be there, or I don't want there? If I set the count to 0 instead of 10, then it shows up as not available. And the other two (Starting at and This product was added) are just plain unnecessary.

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Set the Product Quantity to something like 10000 or how many Books you have in stock ... as when this is ordered for the Paperback or Hardcover it will reduce the stock ...

Things you do not want to show based on the Product Types are set in the Catalog ... Product Type ... EDIT LAYOUT ... turn those things off that you do not want to see ...

The Starting At is because there are Attributes ... if this Product is marked as Priced by Attributes that will show the lowest price of the Option Names groups ... or, you will see the setting in the EDIT LAYOUT for the Product Type ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Product Type: Edit Layout

I totally missed that screen! Thank you!

I think I only have one last question...how do I get the price to not show up on the page header? I changed the Show Metatags: Product Price field to "false" which (I thought) should have removed it, but it's still showing up.

Now to make sure that everything else is correct. Time to go back through the forums and make sure I have all my other settings correct so that people can only download what they're supposed to, when they're supposed to. I seem to remember something about making sure the shipping radio button on the Categories/Products page is set a certain way, and something about streaming downloads somewhere else...

Thanks again for all your help, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!

Plugin Contributions

I set both Attributes: streaming and Attributes: Redirect to false. Is that correct?

Oh, and I finally found where to turn off the price in the header bar: Product Info: Meta-tags. :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast