Plugin Contributions

Default Add instructions to shipping method box

I would like to add additional instructions to just one shipping method. I added it as "TEXT_WAY" in the language file, but that makes the shipping description passed onto the invoice extremely long.

Is there any way to just add text to a shipping method box?

I need it to like it to look like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textway.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	10472

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add instructions to shipping method box

BTW, this is the FLAT shipping module I'm trying to add to.

Quote Originally Posted by abcisme View Post
    BTW, this is the FLAT shipping module I'm trying to add to.
    Go to your store, login with a test account, and go through the checkout process up to the point where you get to your shipping options page. Once there, copy the first line of text in the flat rate shipping description...for example "Best Value (2 - 3 days)" (if there is no text in your store's flat rate shipping option, copy the shipping method box title).

Then log in to your admin and go to Tools>Developer's Toolbox. Scroll down to the last input field and paste the text you copied into the box. Select the option to search all files and then complete the search.

This will tell you which file that text exists in, and therefore which file you need to edit to add the text of your choice. If more than one file comes up in the search results and you don't know which one to choose, try this one: includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php - after you edit the file, save it in your custom template folder so it will be protected during updates (includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE/flat.php

Good luck and Happy Zenning :)
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

I know which file to add to, I just don't know how to make the extra define text show up in the right place.

I know I have to define new text in the language file, but then I don't know how to get it to show up in the right place in the flat.php shipping file.

Let me clarify - I already have the text showing up there as part of the "TEXT_WAY" define. What I want to do is separate it by adding a new define and make it show up underneath the shipping radio buttons so that it won't carry through to the invoice.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe this will help:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textway.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	10473

I want to add "MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_INSTRUCTIONS" as a new define text under the radio button options.

Here is the flat.php file. I have no idea how I would add that beneath the buttons....?

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package shippingMethod
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2009 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     */
    // $Id: flat.php 14498 2009-10-01 20:16:16Z ajeh $
    //

class flat {
        var $code, $title, $description, $icon, $enabled;

// class constructor
        function flat() {
          global $order, $db;

$this->code = 'flat';
          $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE;
          $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
          $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER;
          $this->icon = '';
          $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_CLASS;
          $this->tax_basis = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_BASIS;

// disable only when entire cart is free shipping
          if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
            $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
          }

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE > 0) ) {
            $check_flag = false;
            $check = $db->Execute("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
            while (!$check->EOF) {
              if ($check->fields['zone_id'] < 1) {
                $check_flag = true;
                break;
              } elseif ($check->fields['zone_id'] == $order->delivery['zone_id']) {
                $check_flag = true;
                break;
              }
              $check->MoveNext();
            }

if ($check_flag == false) {
              $this->enabled = false;
            }
          }
        }

// class methods
        function quote($method = '') {
          global $order;

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                                'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE,
                                'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
                                                         'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY,
                                                         'cost' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST)));
          if ($this->tax_class > 0) {
            $this->quotes['tax'] = zen_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
          }

if (zen_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = zen_image($this->icon, $this->title);

return $this->quotes;
        }

function check() {
          global $db;
          if (!isset($this->_check)) {
            $check_query = $db->Execute("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS'");
            $this->_check = $check_query->RecordCount();
          }
          return $this->_check;
        }

function install() {
          global $db;
          $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Flat Shipping', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer flat rate shipping?', '6', '0', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
          $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Shipping Cost', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST', '5.00', 'The shipping cost for all orders using this shipping method.', '6', '0', now())");
          $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'zen_get_tax_class_title', 'zen_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");
          $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Basis', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_BASIS', 'Shipping', 'On what basis is Shipping Tax calculated. Options are<br />Shipping - Based on customers Shipping Address<br />Billing Based on customers Billing address<br />Store - Based on Store address if Billing/Shipping Zone equals Store zone', '6', '0', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'Shipping\', \'Billing\', \'Store\'), ', now())");
          $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping Zone', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.', '6', '0', 'zen_get_zone_class_title', 'zen_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
          $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', now())");
        }

function remove() {
          global $db;
          $db->Execute("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key like 'MODULE\_SHIPPING\_FLAT\_%'");
        }

function keys() {
          return array('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_CLASS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_BASIS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER');
        }
      }
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

try this

find:
    PHP Code:
    'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY
    change to:
    PHP Code:
    'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY '<br />' MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_INSTRUCTIONS

Plugin Contributions

Well, that shows the text, but it still passes through into the order details. I don't want the instructions to pass through into the order details. I only want it to show up on that one page.

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried just hard-coding your text into the page where you want it?

sph
    prommart com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Have you tried just hard-coding your text into the page where you want it?

sph
    prommart com
    Yes, I tried adding an echo statement to the flat.php file, but I can't figure out where to put it. I couldn't get it to display anywhere. I would be perfectly happy hard-coding the text if I could figure out where to put it so it would work.