Plugin Contributions

Default how can I sell unique vouchers?

Hi on the site i am creating is there anyway of downloading a different file each time a product is purchased?

ok i will explain .... i work as an off road quad bike instructor and want to sell quad bike sessions via my site.
    So .....say i have 100 quad bike sessions to sell under 1 product (quantity of 100) and what people are buying is a voucher number then they ring the company with the voucher number and make the booking, but how can i get it to only download a file that contains the voucher number only once per purchase then the next customer will get a different voucher number.

What i dont want to do is have 100 products of the same thing just so each item can have a different voucher attached.

I hope all this makes sense.

thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: downloads

Could you not just use the order number which gets incremented each time you make a sale? That would work if the voucher were the only thing you were selling?

Alternatively if you went the 100 product route you can do it a lot more quickly with Easy Populate :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davowave View Post
    Could you not just use the order number which gets incremented each time you make a sale? That would work if the voucher were the only thing you were selling?

Alternatively if you went the 100 product route you can do it a lot more quickly with Easy Populate :)
    hi thanks for the reply
    the problem with the order number idea is we would be unable to check whether that number had been used without looking back through records .. the idea of using the voucher numbers is they can be redeemed via the phone and then verified online by the call taker

whats easy populate ??

Plugin Contributions

What about using the inventory option and put 100 of these products in stock? The order number could be the voucher number. You would need to verify the order there are easy ways to do that. Check the site from a mobile phone, set-up an email address to email order confirmations and check the email account...

Plugin Contributions

Easy Populate is a great wee plugin which allows you to mass upload products from a spreadsheet. So you can make mass changes and upload them all at once instead of product by product in the admin. Depends on which version of zen you are using but from what I understand if you use zencart 1.5 you should use EP4 (<--google for this coz it's only available on github since it's still in beta [I believe] but it works fine and dandy) and if you use a zencart older than that then download which ever is the most popular version of easypop from the plugins download area.

NB the order numbers are sequential and you can set them to begin at whatever you want. So you could make the first order 5000, then 5001, 5002 etc... As long as you don't have any other orders coming in (you only sell this voucher? Right?) you'll not really need to look through the records because if someone phones up with order number 5094 thats fine, if they say 389027 then that's bollox and if they say 5002 you'll know that they bought the voucher ages ago.