Plugin Contributions

Default printable invoices?

I'd like my customers to be able to print out an invoice (as opposed to the summary that is emailed). I have seen people asking about changes to invoices, but nothing to hint at how you might activate them in the first place.

Can someone help me please?

Ta
    Kathy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: printable invoices?

i've done more looking into this and i wonder if there is only a print invoice option for the admin. the email that is automatically sent to the customer (and copied to admin) has a link back to the site where you can see a summary, but not print an invoice.

There doesn't seem to be a plugin that does this either.

Has anyone set their shop up to automatically email a printable invoice to customers at confirmation of sale?

thanks
    kathy

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kathy,

I managed to do this using http://www.tcpdf.org/ Its a bit tedious and takes ages, but essentially I set this up to create a pdf invoice which can be either saved to the server and then emailed or displayed in the browser.

To send to the customer (or admin) I added code to the tpl_checkout_success file (probably the wrong place to do it) which creates the pdf invoice, saves it my server, emails it using zen_mail() function and then deletes it.

Fair bit of php work involved but http://www.tcpdf.org/ is a good starting point. to at least create a pdf version of the invoice.

Tony

The Super Orders addon will allow you to print invoices to PDF from the admin (individually or in batch if you have a lot of them to do at once). You can then email the PDF to your customer. The current stable release for Super Orders is for ZC139. If you're running ZC150 - you will have to wait. An update to Super Orders for ZC150 is in progress, but there is no ETA on the availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy_ View Post
    i've done more looking into this and i wonder if there is only a print invoice option for the admin. the email that is automatically sent to the customer (and copied to admin) has a link back to the site where you can see a summary, but not print an invoice.

There doesn't seem to be a plugin that does this either.

Has anyone set their shop up to automatically email a printable invoice to customers at confirmation of sale?

thanks
    kathy
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

thanks guys. i think i'll wait for the ZC150 Super ORders update.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kathy

What i normally do is this

At the end of the email have a note like this

For full order details please log in to your account and view this order, you will also be able to print out the order there

And then i add a print button to the "Order Information" page in the "my account" page

This way the customer can print out there order along with the various comments and updates about the order
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you tried the Print Invoice addon?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1089
    It may require some small updates to work with the latest ZC version.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.