I want to do 2 things to my 2nd online store which will lessen the confusion among some of my customers. A note before going on is I am using Google Checkout, Checkout by Amazon and Paypal Express only. So with all these payments modules, the buttons are located at the shopping cart page which allows customers to go straight to the checkout process on those sites. Because of this, I would like to disable the login and register pages as some customers are logging in creating confusion.

FORCE 404 page - I know in includes/modules/pages/create account folder, I added a .bak to make the folder read /create_account.bak. This forced my site to show a 404page. Do I have to modify anything else like the tpl_create_account file also? The reason for finding other files is that some of my customers are finding links to create an account even though I thought I removed all instances of them.

REDIRECT page - Another option is to do a redirect to a page I made explaining that registering is not required to checkout. How would I do a redirect of the Create account page to my custom page. What file would need to be edited to include this code.

Thanks