Plugin Contributions

Default 2 issues I want to modify: Redirecting pages and Force 404 page

I want to do 2 things to my 2nd online store which will lessen the confusion among some of my customers. A note before going on is I am using Google Checkout, Checkout by Amazon and Paypal Express only. So with all these payments modules, the buttons are located at the shopping cart page which allows customers to go straight to the checkout process on those sites. Because of this, I would like to disable the login and register pages as some customers are logging in creating confusion.

FORCE 404 page - I know in includes/modules/pages/create account folder, I added a .bak to make the folder read /create_account.bak. This forced my site to show a 404page. Do I have to modify anything else like the tpl_create_account file also? The reason for finding other files is that some of my customers are finding links to create an account even though I thought I removed all instances of them.

REDIRECT page - Another option is to do a redirect to a page I made explaining that registering is not required to checkout. How would I do a redirect of the Create account page to my custom page. What file would need to be edited to include this code.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2 issues I want to modify: Redirecting pages and Force 404 page

Bin the split login/create account page and go straight to the create account page, and rename it something like 'Secure Checkout' instead of the title saying 'Create Account'

Conversion ratio will double, and no one will ask any questions.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2 issues I want to modify: Redirecting pages and Force 404 page

Quote Originally Posted by grantopt View Post
    REDIRECT page - Another option is to do a redirect to a page I made explaining that registering is not required to checkout. How would I do a redirect of the Create account page to my custom page. What file would need to be edited to include this code.
    What you want is an "observer" that watches for the start of the create_account page's processing and then forces the redirect to your "registration not required" page. There is some documentation on how to do that in the wiki: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p..._API_Tutorials and if you want to see a minimalistic implementation of an observer, you can download my "email on 404" plugin (shameless plug): http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1090