Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO .htaccess problem and broken Admin interface

First, magic zoom. What files were they that you uploaded? Is one called index.php? If so, it is taking the place of zencart's index.php. If magic zoom isn't an index.php file, what is it? Even if it's just sitting there, it may be using an index.php file?

Second, Ultimate SEO URL has two sets of 1.5 files or packets. One called "affected_files_150"; the other called "new_files_150_English". You upload both to their correct positions.

The "affected_files_150" packet doesn't have a seo file.

And I see several seo files in the "new_files_150_English" folder packet.

Also, don't upload the two packet folders themselves. Just the folders/files inside them.
    Steve
    prommart.com

selcyis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    First, magic zoom. What files were they that you uploaded? Is one called index.php? If so, it is taking the place of zencart's index.php. If magic zoom isn't an index.php file, what is it? Even if it's just sitting there, it may be using an index.php file?

Second, Ultimate SEO URL has two sets of 1.5 files or packets. One called "affected_files_150"; the other called "new_files_150_English". You upload both to their correct positions.

The "affected_files_150" packet doesn't have a seo file.

And I see several seo files in the "new_files_150_English" folder packet.

Also, don't upload the two packet folders themselves. Just the folders/files inside them.

Okay SPH, thanks. Now I have a better idea on how to install it. I was putting all the files in there target areas. Lol I will takeout the Magic Zoom and replace the index.php file with a fresh new index.php. I'm not sure why you can see that??? Where do u see magic zoom?

I'm going to try and reinstall it again.. Wish me luck.

Also: the reason why I want this addon is because I like that the urls are HTML and hides zen cart paths.

Plugin Contributions

I see magic zoom at your top level here:

http://dowelldentalproducts.com/

I guess magic zoom isn't using an index.php file, as there is nothing here:

http://dowelldentalproducts.com/index.php

Perhaps all you need do is re-name your zencart from 1index.php back to index.php? Did you make any other changes, perhaps in your configure.php files?

Is magic zoom perhaps using an index.html file? Somehow, it is showing at your top level.

The hardest thing with Ultimate SEO is getting the htaccess right, and it is deceptively tricky or confusing.

NOTE: many knowledgeable people here at Zencart point out that these re-written urls of any kind are not necessary for SEO or customer satisfaction or conversion, that re-writing can cause problems especially with other plugins and Zencart upgrades, and they may be correct. But I miss re-written urls on my main site - prommart com - and plan to return to re-writing when I upgrade to 1.5 soon. I miss being able to read my own urls.

I've tested Ultimate SEO enough to risk going with it myself. But you might want to catch-up with my and other's posts here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...O-URLs/page104
    Last edited by SPH; 19 Aug 2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

selcyis Guest

Okay check now the domain. I have took out the html file, i must of replaced it with my splash page html file. Oops..

selcyis Guest

YES!!!!! got it to work!! It was the htaccess file. I followed your directions with the RewriteBase / and It worked. I think the developer needs to rewrite the htaccess-example file to explain more in details. Thank you SPH for your support;0) Check the site now.
    DoWellDentalProducts com

Plugin Contributions

Great! Looks like it's going to work.

Didn't really see your categories on this TM template but found a product. Personally, I like to take the category path out of the product url, as in my product here:

http://www.promdressesforless.us/nig...rts2-p-12.html

I think it more in-line with the canonical url, but that is a personal preference and I don't even know if it's best practice with the rewriter. But I think that was the out-of-the-box install.

Remember, this little re-writer doesn't necessarily re-write all pages...at least by default...but it re-writes the categories and products, which are my main interest.

You're welcome and good luck!
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, but hold-on. I don't know if it is working properly.

When I hover my cursor on your Contacts page and before I click, I can see at the bottom of my browser (IE9) that the url isn't re-written. But it does re-write when I actually click it.

That's different than the Contact Us on my site here:

http://www.promdressesforless.us/

I hover on Contact Us just below my logo and I can see the re-written url at the bottom of my screen before clicking on it.

Also, you seem to have the back-button/page not found problem I brought up in the other thread. However, that was for the Chrome browser while yours is doing it in my IE9. I haven't checked other browsers.

Go to your Contacts page then click its blue back button at bottom. My click goes to a page not found instead of homepage or where ever I was.

Same problem with your FAQs. Go to one, then click it's back button.
    Steve
    prommart.com

selcyis Guest

Damn!!! I'm checking it in safari and firefox so I don't see that issue.. thats a bummer MORE PROBLEMS.

selcyis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Great! Looks like it's going to work.

Didn't really see your categories on this TM template but found a product. Personally, I like to take the category path out of the product url, as in my product here:

http://www.promdressesforless.us/nig...rts2-p-12.html

I think it more in-line with the canonical url, but that is a personal preference and I don't even know if it's best practice with the rewriter. But I think that was the out-of-the-box install.

Remember, this little re-writer doesn't necessarily re-write all pages...at least by default...but it re-writes the categories and products, which are my main interest.

You're welcome and good luck!
    How do I hide the categories? I think I like that instead of them showing between the product name.

Plugin Contributions

Selcyis,

I think I now know what you meant about the two seo files. I just saw, downloaded and installed the upgraded Ultimate SEO from this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...(new-features)

I see the two seo files. Looks like the files to name the box in the admin, so I'm guessing can use one or the other.

Also, I overwrote my older Ultimate SEO files and Ultimate SEO no longer appeared in my admin. Re-uploaded by older Ultimate SEO and got it back into admin, but now site is blank.

And while it was working with the new Ultimate seo, I still had the back button/page not found problem in Chrome browser.

I may nuke promdressesforless.us and start again with a new 1.5 install, as it is mostly a test site anyway.

EDIT: Wait! I just restored a DB with DrByte's DB plugnin from admin and got my site back again, with old Ultimate SEO URL.

http://www.promdressesforless.us/

May pop-up yet another 1.5 test site to test the new Ultimate SEO URL by itself.
    Last edited by SPH; 21 Aug 2012 at 12:08 AM.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast