Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO .htaccess problem and broken Admin interface

I am having the same exact problem. Whenever i try to go to my admin console I get the costomer login page. Now i have SEO module and perhaps some new clients, but no way to edit the products. my site is www.777imports.com I did try to use the "/" in the httpaccess file, it did not work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 777imports View Post
    I am having the same exact problem. Whenever i try to go to my admin console I get the costomer login page. Now i have SEO module and perhaps some new clients, but no way to edit the products. my site is www.777imports.com I did try to use the "/" in the httpaccess file, it did not work.
    Your urls are being re-written and from the look of them it looks like you are using the newest Ultimate SEO version 2.200. I also had a problem with it not appearing in my admin, as noted on this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Support-Thread

I have not yet re-visited this version, so do not know if it is yet fixed.

It turned out that this is the version Selcyis was using.

My testing/demo 1.5 sites are working nicely with the prior version: 2.150. But I found out that going to that version from 2.200 took not only deleting the 2.200 files but a DB restore (hopefully you have one?)

I also noticed that in my IE9 browser you have the back button/page not found problem I mention. Go to product, then Contact Us, then click back button at bottom of Contact Us...goes to page not found for me. Didn't try my Firefox and Chrome.

BTW, nice looking TM site!
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

This should be fixed in version 2.205 and newer. Be advised you should read the Official Ultimate SEO 2.200+ thread. I'll try to respond to any questions, comments, and concerns in that thread when I have time.

However if you ever need to remove all the database changes made by "Ultimate SEO" you can take a look at the function uninstall_settings() found in the file 'seo.install.php'.

Before attempting to uninstall the current or any old versions, you are hereby advised to make a backup of your database. There is a small chance running these commands may break your site as they remove all configuration keys containing the word "SEO".

Code:
    DELETE FROM `configuration_group` WHERE `configuration_group_title` LIKE '%SEO%';
    DELETE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE '%SEO%';
    DELETE FROM `admin_pages` WHERE `page_key`='configUltimateSEO';
    DELETE FROM `admin_pages` WHERE `page_key`='UltimateSEO';
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `seo_cache`;
    Don't forget you will need to add any "prefix" you have set to the start of the table names.

Why is this function in the installer? If "Ultimate SEO" detects a required table is missing or needs to be updated (typically because of a version upgrade), it will first uninstall old tables and settings to ensure compatibility with the new version. Once it is done uninstalling old settings and tables, it will proceed to install the new tables and settings. This is also why after installing a new version you NEED to always check your settings.
    Last edited by lhungil; 27 Aug 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    This should be fixed in version 2.205 and newer. Be advised you should read the Official Ultimate SEO 2.200+ thread. I'll try to respond to any questions, comments, and concerns in that thread when I have time.

However if you ever need to remove all the database changes made by "Ultimate SEO" you can take a look at the function uninstall_settings() found in the file 'seo.install.php'.

Before attempting to uninstall the current or any old versions, you are hereby advised to make a backup of your database. There is a small chance running these commands may break your site as they remove all configuration keys containing the word "SEO".

Code:
    DELETE FROM `configuration_group` WHERE `configuration_group_title` LIKE '%SEO%';
    DELETE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE '%SEO%';
    DELETE FROM `admin_pages` WHERE `page_key`='configUltimateSEO';
    DELETE FROM `admin_pages` WHERE `page_key`='UltimateSEO';
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `seo_cache`;
    Don't forget you will need to add any "prefix" you have set to the start of the table names.

Why is this function in the installer? If "Ultimate SEO" detects a required table is missing or needs to be updated (typically because of a version upgrade), it will first uninstall old tables and settings to ensure compatibility with the new version. Once it is done uninstalling old settings and tables, it will proceed to install the new tables and settings. This is also why after installing a new version you NEED to always check your settings.
    Thank for the delete code! I'm balking in upgrading my main site to 1.5 and going to Ultimate SEO URL because I see an old/failed attempt in my DB (and admin) from several years ago. I would do a fresh 1.5 install and a DB upgrade, and think I'd first have to get rid of the old SEO URL stuff in the DB, either using your code or manually deleting them.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234