Plugin Contributions

Default temporarily disable coupons?

I am setting up a sale with SaleMaker and want to disable all coupon codes for 1 week, so that the SaleMaker prices cannot be combined with coupon codes.

I've been researching here and found that I can disable coupon codes in Modules -> Order Totals, but if I delete ot_coupon I assume that will delete all my existing Active Coupon codes?

Is there a way that I can disable all coupon codes for one week only, and then re-activate the existing active coupon codes in a week (after the SaleMaker sale is over?)

Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: temporarily disable coupons?

If you go to the Modules ... Order Total ... and click on Discount Coupons ot_coupon and save your current settings to NotePage, you can REMOVE it and now Discount Coupons are not available ...

When you are ready to allow Discount Coupons you can INSTALL it and reconfigure it ...

When you REMOVE the Discount Coupons ot_coupon from the Order Total modules it will not remove your Discount Coupons ...

NOTE: be aware that, once you do the REMOVE on the Discount Coupon, you will not be able to get to the Discount Coupons in your Zen Cart Admin, until you INSTALL the Discount Coupons ot_coupon again ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh - thank you so much for the response.

I just want to double-check that when I REMOVE ot_coupons, and then later Install and reconfigure, that the coupon stats (statistics/reports from existing coupons) will still be available? In other words - by Removing and then Re-installing the module, I'm understanding you to say that no actual coupon data is lost. Is that correct? (Sorry to be redundant, just want to make sure before doing something that I cannot reverse)

Plugin Contributions

Should be ... removing the Discount Coupon order total module should just prevent access and usage and not alter any stats ... they should be available after you INSTALL it again ...

To ensure this, backup your database and test it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!