Plugin Contributions

Default Moving Site - Database Configuration?

I am having to move my site to another hosting service ASAP as my current hosting has been down for going on two days. . I did the file transfers and DB import. However, getting the Zen Cart setup error:

http://184.173.194.219/~kevinmc4/

I edited the configure.php with new DB name and account info. However from the error above, Zen is not finding the DB

The account name and DB name are NOT the same as the old hosting service. Hence, are database table updates required ?

The new hosting company thinks the new account & DB names may be the issue, just not sure where??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving Site - Database Configuration?

Kevin , the issue would be that you need to lose the create database from the top of the sql file, you need to then create a new database and import it,
    you would figure that you would have that figured out by now, you have hopped around to almost everyone I can think of,

Have a good one, your cancellation has been put in, you dont need to bother to do it yourself

Plugin Contributions

also make sure the server paths are correct in the config files,

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    Kevin , the issue would be that you need to lose the create database from the top of the sql file, you need to then create a new database and import it,
    you would figure that you would have that figured out by now, you have hopped around to almost everyone I can think of,

Have a good one, your cancellation has been put in, you dont need to bother to do it yourself

Tony,
    Unbelievable. I never mentioned Camelot Hosting in this thread and you call me on the phone and start screaming at me telling me "You're cancelled, you're all done"! What am I suppose to do? I had no choice but to seek another hosting provider. I cannot afford the sporadic service and to be out of business like this.. This is NOT a one time occurrence. There have been a number of times the site has been down for a Lengthy time. I believe less than a year ago there was a long term "down server". Many more times down short term over past couple years. And you also called me on the phone before and got rude ,but I decided maybe you were having a bad day so I stayed on with you. I don't get it?? Customer service is apparently not your strong suit. I never intended to "bad mouth" your service but I think this experience has confirmed, I would Never recommend Camelot Hosting to anyone.

And if using 3 hosting services in 7 years is "hopping around"??? The last service I had "Pima" was great. But they had a server crash for days and didn't look like it was going to be back any time soon. But they were great ! So I came "back" to you (you recall WHY I left the first time? I won't go there...)

Hopefully you have the decency to at least let me get any files in my account.
    Last edited by kevinmc3; 26 May 2012 at 09:20 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Kevin, Please if your going to tell it tell it straight, I called you to let you know what was going on with the service, and as usual you got DRAMA, Yes there is an issue with server 11, we have never said there wasnt, as a matter of fact we have been updating the alert on a regular basis, however we had this discussion before and you were told when you came back with your hat in your hand last time that we would not tollerate your attitude. The server has NOT ben down 6 times for extended periods, it was down when we moved you over to a brand new shiny up to date machine.

Plugin Contributions

Kevin, Please if your going to tell it tell it straight, I called you to let you know what was going on with the service, and as usual you got DRAMA, Yes there is an issue with server 11, we have never said there wasnt, as a matter of fact we have been updating the alert on a regular basis, however we had this discussion before and you were told when you came back with your hat in your hand last time that we would not tollerate your attitude. The server has NOT ben down 6 times for extended periods, it was down when we moved you over to a brand new shiny up to date machine.
    R U Serious? , "you were told when you came back with your hat in your hand last time that we would not tollerate your attitude". When the heck did this Ever happen? Story-telling now? I can see this debate has lost it's credibility. So I will just stop here.

BTW: Thanks for cancelling my account before I had a chance to get my files. A SERIOUS Ethical Issue!
    Last edited by kevinmc3; 26 May 2012 at 09:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

the subscription is cancelled, your hosting account is NOT, a quick look in your client area would have told you that much, also I left you a message that if you needed anything just let me know and I would make sure that you got them

Plugin Contributions

Thanks I appreciate you NOt blocking my access. Although I have backups, I may need to get something

Plugin Contributions

the subscription is cancelled, your hosting account is NOT, a quick look in your client area would have told you that much, also I left you a message that if you needed anything just let me know and I would make sure that you got them
    Tony,
    Did send you a support message at 3:37 pm est . I really need the IP address access to my cpanel. Please. Thanks