Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: COWOA Updated and Combined for ZC v1.5.x

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    don't wait for 1.6 it is miles away from being ready, don't be surprised to see a 1.5.6 first .
    Exactly what I'm afraid of. So any help to get this going is appreciated.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

I'd love to help, but I have to many things going on right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    Exactly what I'm afraid of. So any help to get this going is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Getting closer: I had to not use includes\templates\MY_TEMPLATE\common\tpl_header.php AND tpl_main_page.php from this mod and used my templates version. Now it at least works, sort of. One page checkout also works in combination. More testing needed and I will post back.

Plugin Contributions

Successfully merged COWOA with One Page Checkout and Edit Order. Pretty happy.

One thought, can I convert a COWOA customer into a regular account somehow? I understand it would require setting a password, but that should be no problem with the reset password function. The master password mod comes to mind as well. Why do I ask? I still look for a way to help a customer by phone and just log in with whatever COWOA or regular account in my store and do an order for them. Any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    Successfully merged COWOA with One Page Checkout and Edit Order. Pretty happy.

One thought, can I convert a COWOA customer into a regular account somehow? I understand it would require setting a password, but that should be no problem with the reset password function. The master password mod comes to mind as well. Why do I ask? I still look for a way to help a customer by phone and just log in with whatever COWOA or regular account in my store and do an order for them. Any thoughts?
    I know that this version has some limits, but when I get time to finish adding some things I'll upload mine. The way COWOA works now is with a switch. So adding a flip and switching from one to the other is possible which I already did.

COWOA does create a password when a COWOA account is created. Why log into that account anyway! Nether the customer or you would need to ever login to a COWOA account! It behaves the same for both!

Customer/Owner: Select the product, do the payment/shipping address, enter the email address and that's it! If the phone customer doesn't have an email address then use one of yours or have a shop address just for that reason. That's one thing nice about COWOA is phone in orders can be processed without the customer ever needing Internet or email access and ZC still functions without any problems.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    I know that this version has some limits, but when I get time to finish adding some things I'll upload mine. The way COWOA works now is with a switch. So adding a flip and switching from one to the other is possible which I already did.

COWOA does create a password when a COWOA account is created. Why log into that account anyway! Nether the customer or you would need to ever login to a COWOA account! It behaves the same for both!

Customer/Owner: Select the product, do the payment/shipping address, enter the email address and that's it! If the phone customer doesn't have an email address then use one of yours or have a shop address just for that reason. That's one thing nice about COWOA is phone in orders can be processed without the customer ever needing Internet or email access and ZC still functions without any problems.
    Yes I do want to login as the COWOA customer. I have customers call for phone orders. I always ask if they ordered before. If yes, I have the billing and shipping already in Zen Cart so why not use it and produce a new order? No need to hand enter that again. Would be truly awesome if this could be changed.

Plugin Contributions

Add the master password mod and you can log into a COWOA account. There are a lot of reasons to need to access a COWOA account. We also need to change them to a regular account sometimes for store credit (mod) or if they purchase gift certificates, once we change it to a regular account we log in using master password and change the password to a temp one that they can change. It would be nice to have an admin control to do this instead of having to go into the DB and change the customer from COWOA = 1 to 0. That would be the biggest feature I would like to see.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

As far as adding customers, creating orders, I don't see a need to do this with COWOA!

But I did find and tested something that would work for you.. In the plugin section you can find three plugins that do just what you need. I installed on a ZC1.5.4 and they did work, not the way I would like, but they do create customer, order and edit order which lets you add or remove products. Look for admin_new_customer then admin_new_orders and edit_orders-4.1.7..

Follow the instructions and suggested install order. The new order can be used to create a past COWOA customer order! With the edit order then allows you to add products. It works. I may change the code and create something that works for me.. If I only sold products, then this would be something else, but for me the store front still works better.

To add this function would make COWOA even larger and harder for folks to install and maintain/update is why I wouldn't suggest it become part of COWOA. Plus with the three mods supported and working why add another one.

With the changes I did to my site cowoa, master password does not work for COWOA accounts. When you change things so anyone with or without an account can do COWOA, I had to change how account access was performed or account holders would be auto logged in..
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

I really appreciate this addon which I found after Fast And Easy Checkout wasn't available for Zen Cart 1.55!

I've been testing a new site with COWOA 2.7 beta and Zen Cart 1.55e with Picaflor Azul's responsive_sheffield_blue template, and after installing COWOA, the admin layout is fairly regularly corrupted on subsequent installations as I practice installing my site. I fix it by replacing the \YOUR_ADMIN\includes\stylesheet.css included with COWOA with the default file provided by Zen Cart 1.55e. I was wondering, is there a reason that that stylesheet is included in the beta, as that file is not in the file list for the stable release?

Another issue I have is with \includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\common\tpl_header.php. In the stable release version notes it is noted that I should look for the COWOA word that is just before all the entries. I'm guessing that hasn't been done yet on the beta version? That file is so different than responsive_sheffield_blue's tpl_header.php that I just don't have the programming knowledge and capabilities to do a merge even with merging software to help me. So I have been replacing the COWOA file with my customized tpl_header.php file for responsive_sheffield_blue. What I want is to force all customers to use COWOA as discussed here: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....12#post1270212 . I have successfully altered my template's tpl_header.php, but if I overwrite it with the COWOA version it breaks my header layout completely so right now I am just forgoing all the COWOA header capabilities.

I know from earlier in this thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....in#post1137200 that not using the addon's tpl_header.php means I am not getting all the benefits of COWOA. Do you have any suggestions for me on what portions are necessary, or do I just lose out until I'm better at php? At least I have the site working! Thanks for the great addon!
    Last edited by manticore; 13 Mar 2017 at 01:54 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know if this plugin would work with westminster_new template by Picaflor Azul's?
    I am using zencart 155e

Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast