Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Trusted Stores program

I have installed the Google Trusted Stores Badge Code by adding the JavaScript to html_header.php and it is working fine.
    The problem is with the Order Confirmation Module Code:
    I added the code at the end of tpl_checkout_success_default.php, which I customized by adding a couple of lines to pass the variables required in the Order Confirmation module:
    $MERCHANT_ORDER_ID = $zv_orders_id;
    $ITEM_NAME = $notifications['products_name'];
    Those are the only two variables that i can pass since they are already declared in that page.
    I guess one could run a query like the one in admin/invoice.php that looks like this:
    <?php
    $order_check = $db->Execute("select cc_cvv, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address,
    customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode,
    customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone,
    customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name,
    delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb,
    delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country,
    delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company,
    billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode,
    billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id,
    payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency,
    currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified
    from " . TABLE_ORDERS . "
    where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

the problem is I have tried unsuccessfully to run that query from the page tpl_checkout_success_default.php, since there are some "require" pages that point to the /admin directory.
    Anyone can help to finish this task?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    This link: https://support.google.com/trustedst...9888&ctx=topic provides detail information on what needs to happen. It would be great if someone can provide a mod to pass the values needed to make this happen.

Thanks!
    This is what I've done so far. It works fine:
    adding to the end of MY_TEMPLATES/TEMPLATES/tpl_checkout_success_default.php

<!-- MY CODE-->
    <?php
    global $db;
    /**$sql = "select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = $zv_orders_id";*/
    $sql = "SELECT . TABLE_ORDERS .*, . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS.*\n"
    . "FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " INNER JOIN . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS. ON . TABLE_ORDERS .orders_id = . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS.orders_id\n"
    . "WHERE (((. TABLE_ORDERS . orders_id)=$zv_orders_id)) LIMIT 0, 30 ";
    $result = $db->Execute($sql);

if ($result->RecordCount() > 0) {
    $CUSTOMER_EMAIL = $result->fields['customers_email_address'];
    $ORDER_TOTAL= $result->fields['order_total'];
    $ORDER_SHIPPING = '0';
    $ORDER_TAX = $result->fields['order_tax'];
    $ORDER_EST_SHIP_DATE = mktime(0,0,0,date("m"),date("d")+10,date("Y"));
    $ITEM_PRICE = $result->fields['products_price'];

$ITEM_QUANTITY = $result->fields['products_quantity'];

} else {
    echo 'Sorry, no record found for product number ' . $theProductId;
    }
    ====================
    DO NOT USE THIS CODE, SINCE THE TABLE NAMES MIGHT BE REFERENCED WRONG. I use the real name of tables in my query.

Hope this gives some ideas to those interested.
    Thanks
    wisehoot
    Last edited by wisehoot; 21 Sep 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: file name

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wisehoot View Post
    This is what I've done so far. It works fine:
    adding to the end of MY_TEMPLATES/TEMPLATES/tpl_checkout_success_default.php

<!-- MY CODE-->
    <?php
    global $db;
    /**$sql = "select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = $zv_orders_id";*/
    $sql = "SELECT . TABLE_ORDERS .*, . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS.*\n"
    . "FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " INNER JOIN . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS. ON . TABLE_ORDERS .orders_id = . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS.orders_id\n"
    . "WHERE (((. TABLE_ORDERS . orders_id)=$zv_orders_id)) LIMIT 0, 30 ";
    $result = $db->Execute($sql);

if ($result->RecordCount() > 0) {
    $CUSTOMER_EMAIL = $result->fields['customers_email_address'];
    $ORDER_TOTAL= $result->fields['order_total'];
    $ORDER_SHIPPING = '0';
    $ORDER_TAX = $result->fields['order_tax'];
    $ORDER_EST_SHIP_DATE = mktime(0,0,0,date("m"),date("d")+10,date("Y"));
    $ITEM_PRICE = $result->fields['products_price'];

$ITEM_QUANTITY = $result->fields['products_quantity'];

} else {
    echo 'Sorry, no record found for product number ' . $theProductId;
    }
    ====================
    DO NOT USE THIS CODE, SINCE THE TABLE NAMES MIGHT BE REFERENCED WRONG. I use the real name of tables in my query.

Hope this gives some ideas to those interested.
    Thanks
    wisehoot
    Well , I've gotten to the point where I need to create a feed for my shipping and cancellation ... I've searched high and low , this is the best info I've gotten , unfortunately for me it is beyond my capacity to understand.

Have most developers gone away from zen cart because of theres no easy way to create a feed for the required data for google ?

I enter the shipping information manually to the customers via the update order status comment box ...

I just don't understand how to create the right feeds.

Have developers been abandoning google for this reason ( their slogan don't be evil is quit contradicting as this has made the shopping tab painful for developers and customers alike )

All I want to do is drive traffic to my store The business model would work if they had henchman of coders around to supplement the gimps around here with the code and tutorials ...

Maybe it's easier than I think and theres some magical module I am missing ????

Plugin Contributions

Any thoughts out there ? About to dump zen cart because theres no shipping feed or customer order feed mods available for google shopping requirement.

Only the largest populated popular shopping web search outlet in the world.........

It's been fun guys , such a great cart for so many things... Just don't think I can wait for it to catch up to the rest of the world..

Maybe google shopping doesn't get the traffic I would want anyway , but something tells me other wise according to Google statistics.

Plugin Contributions

If it is "beyond your capacity to understand" then you could hire a developer here to help you out. You also could probably modify a different feed program like Easy Populate to send post sale data to google.
    http://www.divinelighting.com -- Super Orders 3.0 -- Ultimate SEO -- Quantity Discounts -- SitemapXML -- Image Handler -- Shipworks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by divinelighting View Post
    If it is "beyond your capacity to understand" then you could hire a developer here to help you out. You also could probably modify a different feed program like Easy Populate to send post sale data to google.
    Or you can write a 10 dollar module and make MILLIONS lol , What I really mean is .. I don't have a month to write and combobulate some code hacking up other modules making the integration a botch job isn't quit what I had in mind considering the amount of mods it takes to get a site up and running with any sort of decent standard.

I'm sure if I was doing e commerce for 10 years I wouldn't even be here...

Thats what happens when you are the jack of all trades yet the master of none ;)

You don't learn anything by having someone else install it , then when you want to change something or have problems you are constantly at the mercy of another developer ... No thanks.
    Last edited by ThePhish; 11 Oct 2012 at 06:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I too hope someone posts a feed module for tracking numbers. However, order fulfillment is not what a shopping cart does. Zencart has nothing to do with tracking information, that is up to your order fulfillment software. The tracking numbers should be pulled from there. That being said, many order fulfillment systems post tracking data back to zencart order notes so maybe someone will eventually crate a module to parse that info and feed it to google.
    http://www.divinelighting.com -- Super Orders 3.0 -- Ultimate SEO -- Quantity Discounts -- SitemapXML -- Image Handler -- Shipworks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by divinelighting View Post
    I too hope someone posts a feed module for tracking numbers. However, order fulfillment is not what a shopping cart does. Zencart has nothing to do with tracking information, that is up to your order fulfillment software. The tracking numbers should be pulled from there. That being said, many order fulfillment systems post tracking data back to zencart order notes so maybe someone will eventually crate a module to parse that info and feed it to google.
    I second that! I just purchased $600 worth of stuff from a site and was asked if I wanted my order to be backed by Google Trusted Sites. I then looked into for my own Zen-cart store. I am all set up less the shipping/cancellation feeds. I do have Stamps.com integration thou. I wonder if Google and Stamps.com can work together? hmmm
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Can somebody please kindly provide how they have managed to implement this two codes:

Google Trusted Stores Badge Code
    Code:
    <!-- BEGIN: Google Trusted Store -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
      var gts = gts || [];

gts.push(["id", "MASKED"]); This one is self explanatory
      gts.push(["google_base_offer_id", "ITEM_GOOGLE_SHOPPING_ID"]); - NEED HELP
      gts.push(["google_base_subaccount_id", "ITEM_GOOGLE_SHOPPING_ACCOUNT_ID"]); - This one is self explanatory
      gts.push(["google_base_country", "ITEM_GOOGLE_SHOPPING_COUNTRY"]); This one is self explanatory
      gts.push(["google_base_language", "ITEM_GOOGLE_SHOPPING_LANGUAGE"]); This one is self explanatory

(function() {
        var scheme = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://" : "http://");
        var gts = document.createElement("script");
        gts.type = "text/javascript";
        gts.async = true;
        gts.src = scheme + "www.googlecommerce.com/trustedstores/gtmp_compiled.js";
        var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];
        s.parentNode.insertBefore(gts, s);
      })();
    </script>
    <!-- END: Google Trusted Store -->
    Order Confirmation Module Code:
    Code:
    <!-- START Trusted Stores Order -->
    <div id="gts-order" style="display:none;">

<!-- start order and merchant information -->
      <span id="gts-o-id">MERCHANT_ORDER_ID</span>
      <span id="gts-o-domain">MERCHANT_ORDER_DOMAIN</span> This one is self explanatory
      <span id="gts-o-email">CUSTOMER_EMAIL</span>
      <span id="gts-o-country">CUSTOMER_COUNTRY</span>
      <span id="gts-o-currency">CURRENCY</span> This one is self explanatory
      <span id="gts-o-total">ORDER_TOTAL</span>
      <span id="gts-o-discounts">ORDER_DISCOUNTS</span>
      <span id="gts-o-shipping-total">ORDER_SHIPPING</span>
      <span id="gts-o-tax-total">ORDER_TAX</span>
      <span id="gts-o-est-ship-date">ORDER_EST_SHIP_DATE</span>
      <span id="gts-o-has-preorder">HAS_BACKORDER_PREORDER</span>
      <span id="gts-o-has-digital">HAS_DIGITAL_GOODS</span>
      <!-- end order and merchant information -->

<!-- start repeated item specific information -->
      <!-- item example: this area repeated for each item in the order -->
      <span class="gts-item">
        <span class="gts-i-name">ITEM_NAME</span>
        <span class="gts-i-price">ITEM_PRICE</span>
        <span class="gts-i-quantity">ITEM_QUANTITY</span>
        <span class="gts-i-prodsearch-id">ITEM_GOOGLE_SHOPPING_ID</span> This one is self explanatory
        <span class="gts-i-prodsearch-store-id">ITEM_GOOGLE_SHOPPING_ACCOUNT_ID</span> This one is self explanatory
        <span class="gts-i-prodsearch-country">ITEM_GOOGLE_SHOPPING_COUNTRY</span> This one is self explanatory
        <span class="gts-i-prodsearch-language">ITEM_GOOGLE_SHOPPING_LANGUAGE</span> This one is self explanatory
      </span>
      <!-- end item 1 example -->
      <!-- end repeated item specific information -->

</div>
    <!-- END Trusted Stores -->
    I will greatly appreciate if someone can please provide help with generating the variables above.

Plugin Contributions

We are happy with the new google program.....being able to set our own ad budget - for years free but they do work for it so why not?

BUT...what is the advantage of the Google Trusted Stores program? With the code google obtains info on every transaction. Will this eventually lead to a percentage of each sale? Too many hands in the pot already for us and we've been going now for over a decade without it....so we'll pass for now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast