Plugin Contributions

Default CC via MIGS Payment Gateway Issues and/or zenID Issues?

I've just upgraded from 1.38 to 1.50. All seemed to go well, but there are a host of rather big problems that I can't seem to fix. Unfortunately for reasons too embarrassing to explain I have no back-ups, so there is no going back . . .

The most important issue is that my credit card processing (CC Via Migs) no longer works. I've turned off the mod, because what was happening was that I entered an order, clicked on credit card payment, was re-directed to the MIGS gateway, made payment, and then I get an "Invalid Digital Receipt Delivery URL" from MIGS. If I used the back button, and then attempted the transaction again, sometimes it went through to authorising and debiting the credit card. In no event, was there a record of the transaction in ZenCart. The funds do actually transfer (as I can see through the MIGS control panel) but no record within Zen of the order/transaction qualifies as a Online Store disaster.

Some other symptoms that may have some relevance (or not?) are:

• zenIDs no longer display in the browser address bar;
    • Who's Online no longer shows all shoppers. It seems to be random, but I went through an entire test credit card transaction (using multiple browsers) and Who's Online was showing nobody in the store at that time (I kept refreshing);

My intuition is that somehow I am not generating and/or transferring session IDs with my authorisation request, so that when a transaction does go through, the return url doesn't "know" which order record to update. I have no idea why sometimes the transaction returns MIGS errors and sometimes it doesn't. To make matters more complicated, the URL string being sent to MIGS is encrypted, and my bank (ANZ) who does not control the gateway, is absolutely useless in helping me resolve this issue. And as I am not the client of MIGS, I can't communicate with them directly.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

My site is www.talismanjewellery.com.au/TJOnline, though as I said the cc payment option is turned off at the moment . . .
    Sean M - Sydney, Australia

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CC via MIGS Payment Gateway Issues and/or zenID Issues?

We used the MIGS add on module for about 4 years. We changed to Paypal as many customers were comfortable with PP and it is a universally accepted and trusted payment method. It integrates with our zencart site and works a treat.
    Just be prepared to be stung what i would call a big rip off from the ANZ Bank for contract termination. I think from memory it was between $300.00 and $400.00. It is in the contract that you would have agreed to when they either signed you up or updated there policy.
    Hope this helps out
    Regards
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ozprodesign View Post
    We used the MIGS add on module for about 4 years. We changed to Paypal as many customers were comfortable with PP and it is a universally accepted and trusted payment method. It integrates with our zencart site and works a treat.
    Just be prepared to be stung what i would call a big rip off from the ANZ Bank for contract termination. I think from memory it was between $300.00 and $400.00. It is in the contract that you would have agreed to when they either signed you up or updated there policy.
    Hope this helps out
    Regards
    Dave
    Dave, While this is slightly off topic, I think your comments are relevant to anyone considering the module and the service. Yes there are indeed exit charges with ANZ, which I've known about.

On the other hand, our PP fees are much higher, and loads of people simply don't like them. Since we had to pull MIGS offline, we've seen more than half of the transactions that would have gone through MIGS choose bank transfer (while the fees are nil for bank transfer, there are high costs of follow up and failure to pay for any offline payment option).

Still hoping I can find a work around for this problem as ideally, I think the more payment options we can offer our customers, the easier it will be for them to complete transactions.

I've done a few more tweaks using some suggestions from a post by tjjjohnson, and now seem to at least be consistently getting through to the gateway, but alas still no joy completing the transactions, and recording them in zencart . . .

Plugin Contributions

Did you have a resolution to this?, i have a customer who wants to use ANZ e-gate and i can't seem to find concrete evidence that it will work correctly with Zencart
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

No I didn't, and I put a lot of effort in to it. Even opened a Merchant Facility with the Commonwealth but while they were certainly cheaper and more helpful than ANZ still had no success. Reluctantly went with the easy PayPal solution. Have whatever their Merchant Facility variant is (no branding). Not thrilled with pricing but as now all transactions are going through the single gateway we are now at a better price tier. than their standard pricing. BTW our customers choose unbranded PayPal over the branded by more than 2 to 1 so it is VERY important IMO to have a payment option that appears not to be PayPal.

Plugin Contributions

Cheers for the answer, Customer has around 18mnths left on their contract with anz, and yeah customers seem to be not that keen on paypal, so I'll have to have another think about it.
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design