Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default admin showing "system set up required" after changing servers

Hi,

I cannot login to Admin after moving site - I get the Zencart "system set up required" page. I had a number of issues in moving the site from one host to another which I worked through and eventually got the site working but have this problem.

I have read the FAQ's relating to this issue and the step I didn't do in moving the site was to start by installing a fresh Zencart then overwriting with my saved site files. I figure starting all over again and starting with that step will likely solve the problem but I wondered if there may be a less painful way to sort this out.

Any and all assistance will be very much appreciated.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin showing "system set up required" after changing servers

In almost every case I've seen, you'll get that screen because the path information in admin/includes/configure.php is wrong. Check that carefully first.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    In almost every case I've seen, you'll get that screen because the path information in admin/includes/configure.php is wrong. Check that carefully first.
    Stevesh - I agree with you and hence checked it carefully and have since done so again. Originally after moving hosts I couldn't even get to the site to load and it turned out to be an error in the configure.php files editing when I modified them, minor errors. In correcting them I was able to access the site and it is functioning ok but I still cannot get admin.

The FAQ on the subject of moving sites that I referred to in my original post suggests starting with a fresh install of Zencart which I didn't do. I did try renaming zc_install_completed.php back to zc_install to open zc_install/index.php which brought up the configuration screen but it said that neither configure.php file existed. All the other info was all ok but it would not let me proceed past that page. So it would appear that it has to do with the configuration of the configure files and not any errors in those files.

So it may be that I have to delete all the site files and start the process again? I was hoping for an easier option :)

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Maybe if you post the contents of that file (X'ing out the DB name and login info) we might spot something.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Maybe if you post the contents of that file (X'ing out the DB name and login info) we might spot something.
    Steve,

I used Zencart install page as far as ready to install but clicked on * database update* to get this info which validates what I have on my configure.php files

:: Zen Cart™ Setup - Database Upgrade

Warning: This script should ONLY be used to upgrade your Zen Cart™ database schema through the versions listed below. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing a full backup of your database prior to performing any upgrades on it!

Please check the details below very carefully. This information is taken from your configure.php settings.
    Do not proceed unless you're sure they're correct, or else you risk corruption to your database.
    Database Information -- Upgrade Sniffer predicts: *** No upgrade required ***
    Database Type = mysql
    Database Host = localhost
    Database Name = xxx
    Database Username = xxx
    Database Table-Prefix = zen1_

the following is a copy of the re-namedadmin/includes/configure.php file

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen1_');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxx');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxx');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db');
    // for STORE_SESSIONS, use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage

ALL the XXX data is a perfect match - I have checked it thoroughly and cannot find any errors (no spaces, no missing ' etc.)

EVERYTHING in the setup page had green ticks except for
    admin/backups = Unwriteable (chmod 777 read/write)
    admin/images/graphs = Unwriteable (chmod 777 read/write/execute)

it recognizes existing version.

At this point in time I am hesitant to do the upgrade to 1.5 using this setup page until such time as I know what the problem is just in case it carries over.

So I am stumped.

cheers,
    Mike

Upgrade Mode Available

Previous Zen Cart™ Installation Found
    Database appears to be Zen Cart™ v1.3.9

Plugin Contributions

As a non computer programmer/developer what I cannot fathom is that the connection to the database must be correct as all the functions of the site are working which suggests the configure.php files must be correct? My very basic logic suggests it must be something to do with the login.php or admin_configure.php files ?? And I suppose they are configured during installation - hence the need for a fresh install?

Whatever it is it is very frustrating.

cheers,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Steve was meaning to post the entire contents of your admin configure.php file, while XXXing out the DB password.

When you see the "system setup required" page, it gives you 2 or 3 reasons. If a 3rd reason is given, that is almost always the actual specific cause, as the first two are general explanations which explain how the 3rd came about.
    So ... what is the 3rd reason it's giving you?

And, while the admin version of configure.php is somewhat different from the non-admin version, they do have a lot of similarities. So, since your non-admin section is working properly, if you were to post the contents of both files (again, XXX to hide the db password), we could probably tell you what's wrong in a jiffy, if the problem is in fact strictly a result of your manual edits to those files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Steve was meaning to post the entire contents of your admin configure.php file, while XXXing out the DB password.

When you see the "system setup required" page, it gives you 2 or 3 reasons. If a 3rd reason is given, that is almost always the actual specific cause, as the first two are general explanations which explain how the 3rd came about.
    So ... what is the 3rd reason it's giving you?

And, while the admin version of configure.php is somewhat different from the non-admin version, they do have a lot of similarities. So, since your non-admin section is working properly, if you were to post the contents of both files (again, XXX to hide the db password), we could probably tell you what's wrong in a jiffy, if the problem is in fact strictly a result of your manual edits to those files.
    Thanks Doc,

here are the files;

admin/includes/configure.php admin is re-named "dazzlers"

<?php
    /**
    * @package Configuration Settings circa 1.3.9
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2010 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * File Built by zc_install on 2011-01-10 11:17:04
    */

/*************** NOTE: This file is similar, but DIFFERENT from the "store" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /*************** The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other. ***********/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
    // Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com -
    // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
    // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
    // HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
    // HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
    /*
    * URLs for your site will be built via:
    * HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_ADMIN or
    * HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN or
    * HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_CATALOG or
    * HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG
    * ...depending on your system configuration settings
    * If you desire your *entire* admin to be SSL-protected, make sure you use a "https:" URL for all 4 of the following:
    */
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.jewelleryonlinestore.com.au');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.jewelleryonlinestore.com.au');
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.jewelleryonlinestore.com.au');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.jewelleryonlinestore.com.au');

// Use secure webserver for catalog module and/or admin areas?
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
    define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/dazzlers/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/dazzlers/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_TEMPLATE', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/jeweller/public_html/jewelleryonlinestore.com.au/dazzlers/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/jeweller/public_html/jewelleryonlinestore.com.au/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
    define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxx');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/jeweller/public_html/jewelleryonlinestore.com.au/cache');

// EOF

<?php
    /**
    * @package Configuration Settings circa 1.3.9
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2010 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * File Built by zc_install on 2012-05-27 03:09:50
    */

/*************** NOTE: This file is similar, but DIFFERENT from the "admin" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /*************** The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other. ***********/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
    // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
    // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.jewelleryonlinestore.com.au');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.jewelleryonlinestore.com.au');

// Use secure webserver for checkout procedure?
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/jeweller/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_UPLOADS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'uploads/');
    define('DIR_FS_UPLOADS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_UPLOADS);
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxx');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/jeweller/public_html/cache');

// EOF

SOME NOTES;

site did have an SSL cerificate at GoDaddy but that is no longer attached so changed SSL = "FALSE" in all cases.

only 2 options shown on install page,

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™.
    You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:

This is your first time using Zen Cart™ and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).

Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website for assistance.

MY HOST is VentraIP (Australia) and I have been asking them to validate database strings
    latest response only about 20 minutes ago which included validation of the database password.
    "Truth be told, I don't think that's the cause of the problem as the admin login loads (and it wouldn't if there was a Database problem)."

EOF

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Would this cause a problem?

database name is BBBBBB_zen1 zen1_ is thw database prefix so it would connect as BBBBB_zen1.zen1_filename

cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 20 Jun 2012 at 05:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. The DB_PREFIX is a "table-name" prefix. It has NOTHING to do with the DB_DATABASE value.

It substitutes as shown:
    DB_DATABASE.DB_PREFIX followed by the tablename.

2. The DB_XXXXXXXX values in both configure.php files DO need to be THE SAME.

3. Did you actually let Zen Cart's zc_install create the 2 configure.php files for this new server? If not, why?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast