Plugin Contributions

Default New install, can't start store

zencart: v1.3.9h
    web: xampp 1.7.4

I did a fresh install of xampp locally, created user / pw for zencart, verified it worked through command line mysql.

I followed all the instructions here.

At the end, I did a `chmod 600 admin/includes/configure.php && chmod 600 includes/configure.php && rm -fr zc_install/` and then visited the zencart page.

I get this:
    Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™.

You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:

This is your first time using Zen Cart™ and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).

Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website for assistance.
    Additional Details: includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not set
    I look in both admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php, and both files have dir_fs_catalog set properly.

Code:
    user@pc[0][19:59:52]:/opt/lampp/htdocs/zencart$ grep \'dir_fs_catalog\' includes/configure.php  && grep \'dir_fs_catalog\' admin/includes/configure.php 
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/opt/lampp/htdocs/zencart/');
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/opt/lampp/htdocs/zencart/');
    Why am I getting this error message despite having correct settings?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New install, can't start store

Try chmod to 444

Plugin Contributions

Additional Details: includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not set
    That's the source of your problem. I know little about Ubuntu as an Operating System on a PC (having only tinkered with it on a spare PC), but /opt/lampp/htdocs/zencart/ looks odd for a full DIR_FS pathway. To double check it do this (amend as necessary for a XAMPP install):

1. Create a new text document on your desktop and name it cwd.php. Ignore the warning about changing the file type.

2. Put this code into it:
    Code:
    <?php
    $p = getcwd();
    echo $p;
    ?>
    3. Upload it to the root of your domain via FTP.

4. Go to http://localhost/zencart/cwd.php via your browser and printed on the screen will be the full pathway to the root of your domain.

5. Write down that pathway and then delete the cwd.php file from your hosting.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much. Have been trying for days to figure this out and this puts me one step closer.