Plugin Contributions

Default Is there a different naming convention for Additional Product Images?

Besides using _01, _02, _03, is there a different way to handle additional images? I do have Image Handler v3 installed and when I go to delete the incorrect additional images the products using those images for the main image is deleted.

Product model 123ABC I name the corresponding image
    123ABC.jpg.

For its additional images I'll renamed them:
    123ABC_01.jpg
    123ABC_02.jpg
    123ABC_03.jpg.

HERES THE PROBLEM

I have products named
    123AB.
    So product 123ABC's images are being pulled in as additional images for 123AB.

Is there a different way to name the images so they don't get pulled into a similar products page? The one constraint is that I cannot rename the model number to something else. Its a system that's been used for years by my company and can't be changed.

Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks
    Last edited by thebigkick; 25 Jun 2012 at 04:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a different naming convention for Additional Product Images?

I'm thinking of changing my naming convention all together actually. SO instead of using the products model number maybe a combination. Since there is too much similarity in product models in the inventory system I feel like this would be the best way. I'll try this and post after.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a different naming convention for Additional Product Images?

You could continue using the model number and simply add an underscore to the main product image (e.g. 123ABC_.jpg, 123AB_.jpg). That would make the models unique and you'd only have to rename the main image (all the additional images would still be matched).