Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal express error - Please select a payment method for your order.

I have set up my site )1.3.9h to use paypal express. It goes to the paypal site and returns after logging in to paypal but on the "step 2 of 3 payment information" page it shows no payment options and if I click the "continue checkout" button, an error is displayed at the top of the page stating "Please select a payment method for your order."

How do I fix this when there appears to be no payment method displayed?

Any help with this would be appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express error - Please select a payment method for your order.

Perhaps I should add - using the non-express route of logging in and going through the site checkout everything works and payment is received. The problem is only there with the use of the "check out with paypal" button from the shopping cart page.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express error - Please select a payment method for your order.

Not sure why it's giving you trouble. It doesn't for me, and I've used it out-of-the-box on a large number of sites.

Perhaps you need to simply go into your ZC Admin, open your EC module settings and set the EC Shortcut Button to off, so that the feature you're having trouble with is disabled.

And then sort out whatever might be wrong with your site: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the advice. Oddly enough, when I disable the express checkout button it seems to make no difference. The button still appears on the shopping cart page. Nothing I do seems to get rid of it!

Also, when I go back to the shopping cart after the error and then click on "go to checkout", then continue past the delivery details page, the payment information page now shows the payment method as Paypal and I am able to continue to the confirmation page.

I guess this at least confirms the API transaction with Paypal is working.

I have gone through several updates to get to the version I'm currently using so perhaps I missed a file somewhere along the line.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paul-h View Post
    Oddly enough, when I disable the express checkout button it seems to make no difference. The button still appears on the shopping cart page. Nothing I do seems to get rid of it!
    The feature was added in 1.3.9g so it appears that some of your files are from an older version.

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The feature was added in 1.3.9g so it appears that some of your files are from an older version.

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    I reapplied the changed files from version 1.3.9g and 1.3.9h and now it's working. I guess I must have missed a file first time round.

Thanks for your help.