Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Piccadilly Posh Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by farrahscreations View Post
    I love your templates and this is the third one I have worked with but I'm having alot of trouble with this one. I need to make the following changes:

Remove the phone number in footer (everytime I do what said in the help file my store goes blank.
    Change the text color in the sideboxes, I know simple but I can't find it.
    Change pink text to red on products
    Center header image (I tried changing logo padding to 150 ######## it didn't move at all)
    I changed my store name as stated in the read me file but it didn't change when viewing the site.

I'm sure these are all simple problems and I'm sorry for asking, I've just been at this all day and am having no luck.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    If you follow the instructions in the readme.html file, you will be able to make the changes. My guess is that you are deleting too much of the code or are not in the correct file, etc. You may also not be editing the override file and/or not clearing your browser cache when viewing your site so you are not seeing the changes.

If you want to make css changes to the template I would recommend using firefox or chrome and the web developer tools to find the lines of the stylesheets that need to be changed.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I'm using this template and I changed the color of the rating review stars a while back, and now I don't like them. I can't find the originals, so I d/l the template again, but after checking the folders, I can't seem to find them. Where are they hiding?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traytray View Post
    I'm using this template and I changed the color of the rating review stars a while back, and now I don't like them. I can't find the originals, so I d/l the template again, but after checking the folders, I can't seem to find them. Where are they hiding?

Thanks!
    I have no idea what changes you made. If you just changed the images then you can right click on the image and open it in a new tab to see where it is saved on your server.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I changed the color of the stars and then saved it, overwriting the original, so all I have are silver stars. I don't even remember the color of the original stars. By d/l a new template, I thought I could find the stars and then just use them (I know how), but I can't find the folder they are contained in.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

includes/templates/piccadilly_posh/images/stars_5.gif

that should be where all your images for the stars are at. glad to see you are still around, thought you got lost.

Plugin Contributions

I changed the color of the stars and then saved it, overwriting the original, so all I have are silver stars. I don't even remember the color of the original stars. By d/l a new template, I thought I could find the stars and then just use them (I know how), but I can't find the folder they are contained in.

Thanks!
    In my other post I told you how to find out the folder where they are saved.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I know where the images for stars are located. However, I overwrote them and so even though I know where they reside, they do not look like the originals that came with this template. At this point, I do not remember what they even looked like.

That is when I thought to d/l a new template. I looked in the folder where I thought they would be: templates/Piccadilly_posh/images, but they are not there.

That is what prompted me to write the post in the first place.

I have since taken some free stars I found online, but they are not transparent and that makes them look a bit strange. So basically I'd like the stars with a transparent background, since my page is white and the stars I am currently using are red with a grey background.

Just to make sure I'm not missing something, I just now d/l yet another copy of Piccadilly_posh, and again I do not see any stars images in the: templates/Piccadilly_posh/images folder. In alphabetical order, it goes from slide5.jpg to twitter.png. No stars. I opened every folder in the new download and I don't see stars anywhere.

Plugin Contributions

I know where the images for stars are located. However, I overwrote them and so even though I know where they reside, they do not look like the originals that came with this template. At this point, I do not remember what they even looked like.

That is when I thought to d/l a new template. I looked in the folder where I thought they would be: templates/Piccadilly_posh/images, but they are not there.

That is what prompted me to write the post in the first place.

I have since taken some free stars I found online, but they are not transparent and that makes them look a bit strange. So basically I'd like the stars with a transparent background, since my page is white and the stars I am currently using are red with a grey background.

Just to make sure I'm not missing something, I just now d/l yet another copy of Piccadilly_posh, and again I do not see any stars images in the: templates/Piccadilly_posh/images folder. In alphabetical order, it goes from slide5.jpg to twitter.png. No stars. I opened every folder in the new download and I don't see stars anywhere.
    Then maybe you were just using the default stars that come with zen cart. Check in the template_default/images folder.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Then maybe you were just using the default stars that come with zen cart. Check in the template_default/images folder.

Thanks,

Anne
    Right-clicking just shows me where the stars are currently housed, but I knew I had moved them years ago from original folder.

Yes, I discovered this last evening after a couple of hours of multiple postings, multiple Piccadilly_posh downloads, and searching everything in my download folder. I purposely posted in this folder because I thought the stars were located in the template. Wish I knew before all of that wasted time that the template contained no stars.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have had my website up and running fine for a few years, a few weeks ago I kept getting an error message, contacted my host and they eventually sorted it out (guessing they had upgraded a server software) but they won't say. Since then my home page formatting is bizarre, the text is too big and is pushing everything out of line, but this is only on the category pages. If I go to 'New Products' or Featured Products it is fine. Any ideas how to fix this? Here are the links;
    http://thecandleandcardco.com/index.php?main_page=index
    New Products page which is ok; http://thecandleandcardco.com/index....e=products_new

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast