Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping to contiguous 48 states. How do I add surcharge for HI & AK

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update on how you did this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping to contiguous 48 states. How do I add surcharge for HI & AK

I have a similar need and am new to zencart. I am not quite sure I understand which addons I need and the order of set up to do something similar to the free shipping to the 48 states and extra charge for HI, AK.

I would like to set up shipping by weight of order for continental US with rates for different weights.
    I would like to set up different shipping rates by weight for orders from HI and AK.
    I would like to set up shipping rates for international by weight of order and understand that certain countries can be excluded.

Any guidance on what order to set up zones and rates and what addons are needed to do this would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

If you are able to use Zone Rates zones as a test for shipping to the US (that is all of the US, this is just a test) ... then you could search the add on plugins for the Zone Table shipping module by searching on:
    zone table

and that allows you to create Zone Definitions with DETAILS for who belongs to each Zone ...

What are the conditions for the Free Shipping for the US 48?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Free shipping for orders over $50 in 48 contiguous states, shipping rates based on weight for Alaska and Hawaii, and international shipping rates based on weight. So 3 zones I think.

Plugin Contributions

On the Free Shipping over $50 for the US 48 ...

Would they also see the regular shipping by weight?

What shipping do you want to use based on weight, there are a lot of them ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I can't get any shipping rates to show up now. I would like to not have Free shipping anymore. I removed this (I thought). I am not sure what combination is needed to have shipping to US 48 contiguous states using one set of weight ranges for the shipping charge, another one for Alaska and Hawaii that uses different rates for the same weight ranges and a third one for international.

What combination of table rates, zones and zonetable is required? Any help is appreciated as this is very convoluted and non-intutive.

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Just use Zones Table Rate zonetable ...

Set to Weight ...

Now set each of your Zones and the Rates that you want to use for them ...

NOTE: Make all of your Zone Definitions and their DETAILS before you install the Zones Table Rate zonetable shipping module ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

OK, so how do I set up a zone that includes only AK and HI? And how do I set up a zone that includes the other 48 states?

Plugin Contributions

I believe I got it working. Thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this is work ...

Did you make a Zone Definition and the DETAILS for Alaska and Hawaii then set the values in the ones Table Rate zonetable zonetable to do this?
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast