Ceon PaymentSense Direct 1.2.1
It gives me great pleasure to release the latest version of Ceon PaymentSense Direct for Zen Cart.
An overview of the module and the full feature list follows:
This payment module provides everything a Zen Cart shop owner needs to accept credit/debit card payments over the internet.
It uses the PaymentSense payment gateway, which connects to a bank and checks the validity of the card details entered by the customer at the checkout. The customer remains on the store's website, they are not redirected to an external site to enter their details as with many other payment solutions, making this as professional a payment solution you could possibly use with Zen Cart!
The whole checkout process is completely streamlined, therefore allowing store owners to have a store which works just as well as any of the large e-commerce websites!
Stores wishing to accept cards online through PaymentSense only need sign up for a PaymentSense account and to link it with a merchant account. (If the store doesn't yet have a merchant account, information on how to get on is included in the documentation).
Streamlined and Professional Checkout Experience
- With Ceon PaymentSense Direct the customer always remains on the store's website, they are not redirected to an external site to enter their details as with many other payment solutions, making this as professional a payment solution could possibly be used with Zen Cart!
Support for the main Card Types handled by PaymentSense
- Cards supported:
- Visa Debit
- MasterCard Debit
- American Express
- Visa Electron (UKE)
- Visa Purchasing
- Diners Club International
Full 3D-Secure Support
- Also known as “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard SecureCode”, 3D-Secure adds an extra layer of security to the acceptance of card details over the internet. The online equivalent to “Chip and Pin”, it is anticipated that the majority of cards will eventually make use of this technology.
- In collaboration with another of our modules, the Ceon Payment Surcharges/Discounts Order Total module:
- each Card Type can have an individual surcharge or discount rate specified which applies to all Order Values, or
- each Card Type can even have a full range of surcharge/discount rates specified, so that differing Order Value ranges result in differing surcharge/discount rates being applied!
- The rates for individual cards can even differ according to the country the billing address is in and/or the currency being used!
- This all means that store owners can pass the cost of accepting certain card types onto their customers, or offer their customers discounts for using particular card types.
- The Ceon Payment Surcharges/Discounts module can be downloaded for free from the Ceon website/the Zen Cart downloads area and is simple to use/integrate with stores!
- In order to catch any problems with card details entered by the customer as quickly and easily as possible, this module will not only alert the customer to any incorrect information when they attempt to submit the form, it will actually highlight the form fields which require their attention.
- This helps to minimise the number customers getting frustrated and leaving at the last hurdle!
Icons for each Type of Credit/Debit Card Accepted
- If this option is enabled in the admin, icons are displayed for each credit/debit card accepted (all are enabled in the screenshot to the right).
- This looks very professional for the store!
Cards Accepted Sidebox
- A “Cards Accepted” sidebox also comes with the module, allowing the dynamic display of icons for each type of credit/debit card accepted by the store.
- This lets customers know what card types are accepted even before they've reached the checkout stage.
- The display of the “Secured by PaymentSense” logo gives further confidence to the customer that they are using a professional website with a reliable payment gateway.
Retains entered Card Details right throughout the checkout process
- If the customer returns to the payment page (for example, to change their shipping address, or if they realise at the confirmation stage of the checkout procedure that they have entered some incorrect information), the card details they entered previously will be automatically restored!
- This prevents any frustration with customers having to re-enter their details, something which unfortunately has to happen with most other payment modules.
- In turn this feature helps to prevent customers leaving at the last hurdle!
- An option is available to specify whether the details to be stored temporarily in the session should include the “sensitive” card details (Card Number and Card CV2 Number). If this option is enabled, these sensitive details are encrypted in the session using the Blowfish algorithm, to protect the confidentiality of the details as best as possible.
Automatically selects itself as the current payment method when customer uses any field
- Whenever the customer uses any of the Ceon PaymentSense Direct fields on the checkout payment page, the software automatically selects itself as the current payment method, saving customers time and frustration when they forget to select the payment method they are using.
Support for any number of Merchant Account Currencies and any number of PaymentSense Gateway Accounts
- Any number of Merchant Account Currencies can be used with the module, simply by configuring the module with the currencies that can be used and linking the currencies to PaymentSense gateway account(s).
- If a customer tries to check out in a currency for which there is no matching Merchant Account, the module will automatically convert the order's total to that of the default Merchant Account's currency when performing the transaction with PaymentSense.
Integrated PaymentSense Direct Panel on Admin Order Details Page
- The Transaction Information for any order processed using Ceon PaymentSense Direct is available directly for viewing on the Order Details page for that order in the Zen Cart Admin.
- A “Summary Panel” with a PaymentSense logo conveniently linking to the RealControl website, and a button to show the full panel is displayed by default. The full panel shows all the information recorded about the initial transaction with PaymentSense. A configuration option alows the full panel to be displayed by default if desired.
- The two panel types have been carefully coded so that they're not present in the print output of the page, maximising the space available on printouts for the order's details.
Quick and Easy Installation or Upgrading
- Thanks to its automatic database creation functionality and automatic upgrade functionality, Ceon PaymentSense Direct is exceptionally easy to install or upgrade.
Easy Testing with PaymentSense's Test Cases
- Ceon PaymentSense Direct allows its operation and configuration to be tested by using the store's Test Gateway Account(s) and various Test Cases.
- These Test Cases allow various card scenarios to be tried out, to check that the store performs appropriately in all situations.
- Once the configuration of the module and its integration with the PaymentSense payment gateway has been confirmed as working, the module can be switched to use the store's Production Gateway Account(s) with the click of a radio button!
Payment form can handle the following card details
- Card Holder's Name
- Card Type
- Card Number
- Expiry Date
- CV2 Number
- Start Date (Maestro/American Express)
- Issue Number (Maestro)
Dynamic Start Date and Issue Number support
- Certain cards (American Express) may need a Start Date to be supplied for authorisation to take place, while certain cards (Maestro) may need an Issue Number to be supplied.
- Ceon PaymentSense Direct dynamically displays the necessary form gadgets to capture this information from the user, based on the card types enabled in the admin.
Support for cards without a CV2 Number
- A small minority of cards have no CV2 number. If a customer has filled in all card details except for the CV2 number, they can be given the option to indicate that their card has no CV2 number.
- This is totally automatic. The module can detect if a customer is trying to use a card without a CV2 number and, if the card type can sometimes have no CV2 number, will ask them to confirm that there is no CV2 number on their card. Otherwise they will be asked to correct their oversight.
- This is necessary for Laser cards as many of them tend not to have CV2 numbers.
Automatic IFrame Creation
- The module has intelligent browser capability detection routines built in to maximise the customer's checkout experience when 3D-Secure authorisation is required.
Ability to Disable Autocomplete
- Some browsers store credit/debit card numbers and/or CV2 numbers entered in the form fields and then automatically insert them in the form fields when a user returns to a website.
- This can be quite disconcerting to customers, so the option to have this browser feature disabled is offered (and set by default) by Ceon PaymentSense Direct.
Start/Expiry Date Format Specification
- The format of the text to be used for the Start/Expiry Date selection gadgets can be specified in the module's configuration.
Automatic Database Table Creation and Auto-Upgrade Functionality
- Ceon PaymentSense Direct automatically creates its database table upon installation.
- It also automatically upgrades any previous version's database.
Full Transaction Recording
- The transaction attempt is recorded in the database, before contacting PaymentSense.
- Its progress is then recorded at any significant points along the way.
- This allows tracking of how far any incomplete transactions got, and as a consequence, for the possibility of linking up with cart recovery software to recreate an order which, for any reason, wasn't associated with a completed payment (although this hasn't been implemented in any way).
- The tracking also records details about the session, including a human-readable description, based on the customer's name, so a series of transaction attempts by a customer can be grouped together for easy analysis/trouble-shooting.
Debugging Output Modes
- Sometimes there can be problems sending information to and/or receiving information from PaymentSense. The debugging output modes give the ability to see what information was sent and received, so any problems can be identified and fixed quickly and easily.
- There is a “Visual Debugging” option, to display debugging information onscreen at critical points of the checkout process.
- There is also a “Debugging to File” option, to silently log all information, including extended “back end” debugging information, to a file created especially for the current user session.
- There is also the option to use a combination of both visual and file-based debugging, for instant onscreen output of the most useful information, with the full, extended information available in a file.
- Most stores should never need this functionality though and it is consequently disabled by default.
It has been also submitted to the downloads area and should be available there soon.
This is now the official support thread for the software.
All the best...
Last edited by swguy; 21 Jul 2012 at 12:12 PM.
Re: Ceon PaymentSense Direct 1.2.1
Conor you are a true grafter!
Is this mod like a filtered down version of your excellent Sagepay mod?
Re: Ceon PaymentSense Direct 1.2.1
It's taken a while, a huge amount of development work indeed (as if all but a tiny handful here care!), but yeah, I really have been so recently, thanks for being one of the "special few" who notices. :)
Originally Posted by picandnix
There is no filtering in any software I write! :)
Originally Posted by picandnix
Ceon's payment modules do indeed share as much code as possible, that is of course a better/more efficient way to develop! This module is its own module, built to work with the PaymentSense payment gateway, which is a fairly recent gateway, on the rise in the UK and Ireland.
I think the feature list speaks for itself, but if you try it you'll indeed see lots of similarities, including the handy Cards Accepted sidebox, Surcharges/Discounts for card types etc.
All the best...
Ceon PaymentSense Direct 1.4.2 Released!
It gives me great pleasure to announce a new version of this module.
All users should upgrade!
Here's the list of changes from the Revision History:
9th November 2012 - 1.4.2
[BUGFIX] The gateway transaction points used weren't being recorded due to a bug in the new code library. Library code fixed and updated.
[BUGFIX] The zone status check was running in the admin, whereas it should only run in the catalog, as the data to check against is only available when checking out.
2nd October 2012 - 1.4.1
[BUGFIX] Transaction type comparison code in admin panel was still using old library code, causing it to fail.
[BUGFIX] The code to display an icon for Laser cards was using an incorrect variable name, causing a PHP warning and the icon to never be displayed.
[BUGFIX] Typos in configuration option titles and descriptions fixed. Auto-upgrade software updated to make these corrections to existing installations.
1st October 2012 - 1.4.0
[ADDED] Support for many more currencies added, through use of new code library.
[ADDED] Support for Zen Cart 1.5.1's new DIR_FS_LOGS define added. The debugging functionality will now try to use the value for this define if it exists, saving the debug logs into the directory specified in the define (if the directory exists and is writeable), falling back to using the value for the SQL cache directory, which all previous versions used.
[UPDATED] Contrary to information provided in previous version, module was not actually compatible with PHP 5.4. New code library for connecting to Payment Sense's servers implemented for full PHP 5.4 compatibility.
[BUGFIX] Wrong variable key name was being used for CV2 code in test cases data arrays.
The update is available for download now on the Ceon site and has been submitted to the Zen Cart downloads area.
All the best...
Re: Ceon PaymentSense Direct 1.4.2 Released!
I regret to advise you that Conor has unexpectedly passed away. Please see http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?202939
Of course, do post your message as others may be able to help you with this module.
By conor in forum Addon Payment Modules
Last Post: 1 Dec 2012, 10:47 PM
By Frano in forum Addon Payment Modules
Last Post: 30 Apr 2012, 02:37 PM
By Natty in forum Addon Payment Modules
Last Post: 2 Apr 2012, 07:41 PM
By jmp04 in forum Addon Payment Modules
Last Post: 16 Jul 2011, 10:30 AM
By billett in forum Addon Payment Modules
Last Post: 11 Jan 2010, 06:50 PM
Content and Graphics Copyright (c) 2003 - 2013 Zen Ventures, LLC - all rights reserved
Zen Cart® is a Registered Trademark of Zen Ventures, LLC