Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for Google reCAPTCHA plugin

Jeez, I figured it out- there's a mod I stopped using and didn't fully remove, Extra Fields On Customer Sign-Up. What I forgot were changes in includes/templates/create_account.php.

Re-uploaded the original file and Recap works! Sorry for the hassle and thanks for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Does not work when used with EXTRA FIELD IN CUSTOMER ACCOUNT.
    I'm using 1.5.1 and a fresh install with only this one added mod. Since I added the reCAPTCH I now get a BLANK PAGE on the create account. www (dot) bergernovelties-awards (dot) com

Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

I guess it is because the EXTRA FIELD IN CUSTOMER ACCOUNT mod appears not to have been updated for 1.5.1. That mod replaces the create account module with it's own version.
    I can see two ways to go.
    1) Because the extra field mod is using a 1.5 version of the create account module (/includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php), you could try using the 1.5 instructions for my reCAPTCHA mod. or
    2) Use the 1.5.1 version of the file and incorporate the changes necessary for the extra fields mod into it..

I think option 1 is probably easier.
    Regards

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by David Allen View Post
    I guess it is because the EXTRA FIELD IN CUSTOMER ACCOUNT mod appears not to have been updated for 1.5.1. That mod replaces the create account module with it's own version.
    I can see two ways to go.
    1) Because the extra field mod is using a 1.5 version of the create account module (/includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php), you could try using the 1.5 instructions for my reCAPTCHA mod. or
    2) Use the 1.5.1 version of the file and incorporate the changes necessary for the extra fields mod into it..

I think option 1 is probably easier.
    Regards
    Yes would be easier, but I would recommend doing it right. It's unfortunate that the other mod is not properly documented/updated for 1.5.1, but if not mistaken that means that a notifier is not incorporated which could have an effect on incorporation of future mods if it is assumed that all of the code is really up to 1.5.1.

Bergernovelties, I am not sure what the EXTRA FIELD IN CUSTOMER ACCOUNT mod is, but would recommend that the author of it be notified or a summary of what David posted be added to the applicable forum for that mod.

Ideally when incorporating a new mod even to a fresh install, a comparison should be made between the existing and the new mod to ensure that only those changes intended will be made and that the changes make sense. Each mod author tries their best to document and prevent things like whatu have experienced; however, mistakes happen or sometimes the code (and documentation) gets published in a hurry before a comprehensive review.

It's good that David stepped up to address the conflict of another mod with this one, and the instructions written still support the older ZC so it is much easier to follow the instructions for incorporating reCaptcha under the current coding, but I recommend restoring your create_account file and incorporating the other mod into it. (My luck, both methods will give the same final file. :) )
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

First, Thank you for the reCaptcha mod. Great, and much needed item to have.

This is going to be a question that I didn't know where to ask since it is a crossover between your mod and the template.
    I am setting up a new site based off the Sheffield Blue template. When I install the recaptcha, it works perfect where it should. But in Sheffield Blue there is a file called mega menu that controls the top nav bar. In this bar is a contact us dropdown. Once recaptcha is installed and you try to use this form it errors and goes to the wrong recaptcha entered. So I added the code you include in the readme to the mega menu. Now the recaptcha shows in the dropdown and works correctly there.

However, when I pasted the code into the dropdown, it removes the recaptcha from the main contact form. The only way to get it to show back up was to remove that code you say to add in where you want it to appear, and drop the recaptcha from the dropdown all together. I removed the contact us dropdown due to this issue but I do like it, and would like to use it.

The only thing I can think of is that the Sheffield blue uses the core zen cart contact us files for the form functionality, just not the layout for the dropdown. Maybe when I paste the new code in it sees it as a conflict somehow?

I would paste a link to show you, but unfortunately I disabled the dropdown for now due to the error because I have a lot to finish on the site before it goes live so I cant leave it not functioning. So you would not be able to see the error I am speaking of.

Thanks for your help.

Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Hi eric
    I think the problem comes with having the two reCAPTCHAs on the same page.
    Could you try re-naming the form in mega-menu, so in tpl_mega_menu.php at line 238, change
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('contact_us', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?>
    to
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('another_contact_us', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?>
    Then try with the
    Code:
    <?php echo recaptcha_get_html($publickey, $resp->error, $request_type == 'SSL'); ?>
    added into both forms.

I haven't tried it so let me know how you get on, and good luck with the rest of the site :)

Regards

Plugin Contributions

Hi eric
    Could you try re-naming the form in mega-menu, so in tpl_mega_menu.php at line 238, change
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('contact_us', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?>
    to
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('another_contact_us', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?>
    Then try with the
    Code:
    <?php echo recaptcha_get_html($publickey, $resp->error, $request_type == 'SSL'); ?>
    added into both forms.

I haven't tried it so let me know how you get on, and good luck with the rest of the site :)

Regards
    Here's my thought on it, based on David's response and thinking about this through the weekend:

The process for reCaptcha I think is basically this: Assign an error checking value so that it defaults to an error, load/show the reCaptcha, enter the data, submit, and reset the error check if all of the data was entered and is correct. So, when the menu loads, the contact_us error checking is initiated (again, if not quite right, I think the process I am describing will work itself out) resetting any value that identified a satisfactory entry. As for being on the contact us page, there probably is something associated with what David is describing above; however, there may be some other affects of changing the form action...

Based on the report of the OP, that removing the contact_us from the menu bar allows the reCaptcha to be seen on the contact_us page, and the fact that after submission of the reCaptcha from the menu_bar that it appears that the user entered the wrong reCaptcha information, my recommendation would be in the tpl_mega_menu (or wherever the contact_us section is loaded by the template/menu system) to compare the current page's main_page value to either the contact_us page or (and I forget if a successful result goes to another page) the successful contact_us page and if the main_page equals either of those, to not display the contact_us section in the menu...

Make sense? Afterall, if on the contact_us page, why have a second contact_us option that mimics the current page?
    Last edited by mc12345678; 18 Nov 2013 at 02:31 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi eric
    Code:
    to
    Code:
    Then try with the
    Code:
    added into both forms.

Regards
    Just implemented this fix will report back in a few days with my findings.
    What ever your doing remember to KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid )

Plugin Contributions

Hello, very basic question here. After changing the files etc, it says to upload them but which directory do I upload the includes folder? lol this just isn't obvious to me. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by violetlinnie View Post
    Hello, very basic question here. After changing the files etc, it says to upload them but which directory do I upload the includes folder? lol this just isn't obvious to me. Thanks
    Crash course: if it's just an includes folder typically the folder is uploaded to your store's directory. (There are a few excetions to that statement). Or you may see direction like, upload the contents of the includes folder into your stores includees folder. Important thing is that your store should NOT have a structure like store/includes/includes

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast