Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread for Google reCAPTCHA plugin

Quote Originally Posted by David Allen View Post
    Hi mc
    Looks like you have found a good solution to the problem of having different SSL and nonSSL domain names and hence different Google keys. For point 2 - the exact code that you suggest has already been implemented in the 1.51 version (great minds think alike :) )
    Regards
    David
    Todayi was thinking about the solution(s) I posted and of course I didn't consider in which version of Zen Cart that the variable $request_type first appeared, so for those using older versions of Zen Cart I can not claim that my solutions (described or provided) will work.

I'll have to check out the new version of reCaptcha, although in review of the previous posts (Dr. Byte's I think) it seems like I'll have to incorporate the appropriate "event" notifier code in version 1.5 (or update to 1.5.1) to trigger the action(s).

I'm still considering implementing the method I described in my writeup and when I do, I'll post it. Referring to an alternate method of handling the keys associated with SSL and NONSSL to try to simplify "installation".

Amersham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Someone sent me a private message asking for help with this mod. I'm answering it here so that others may benefit :)
    Original Question:
    Hi David,

I am using "Report Cheaper Price" Module from Zen Cart,

And I see your module "Google reCAPTCHA", and I want to integration your module can working with "Report Cheaper Price"

Can you help me on this?

Thank you very much of your time and help.
    Looking at the mod you mention the integration should be quite easy. It is essentially the same process as integrating my mod into any of the pages in a pre-1.51 cart.

You need to add the code to display the reCAPTCHA to /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_report_a_price_default.php (see step 3 in the instructions) I suggest adding at around line 93.
    If you see step 4a in the installation instructions and instead apply that to /includes/modules/pages/report_a_price/header_php.php at around line 44. You'll need to add the
    Code:
    and $error == false
    to the 'if' statement that is in the file (rather than use the 'if' statement in the instructions).
    That should be it.
    Regards

Plugin Contributions

How would I disable this for the Write Reviews page and the Create Account page?

Plugin Contributions

Found my answer in Post #63.

Plugin Contributions

Hi David

Thanks for this great mod. After installing on my version 1.5.1 site which uses FEC, I found it doesn't work on my account create page. I have the Fast and Easy Checkout plugin, which has it own fec_create_account.php file, installed. If just add "$zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_CREATE_ACCOUNT_CAPTCHA_CHECK');" into the fec_create_account.php, there is no error message appeared when the input is wrong. Could you help?

Plugin Contributions

I'm having some issues getting the captcha to work on the Contact Us page. It shows up fine, but if you fill out the form and leave the captcha blank, or type the wrong words, it still submits the form. No errors at all. It DOES show the captcha error if you forget to fill out part of the form, though.

Both the create account and new review pages work perfectly with the captcha. I tried manually adding the lines and I tried uploading all the files. Neither way worked.

Using this on Zen Cart v1.3.9.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Probably missing things from your 139 site that the plugin depends on.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Probably missing things from your 139 site that the plugin depends on.
    Yea. This seems to be the case. I just did a clean install of 139 on another server and that fixed everything. Now I'm working on comparing the two sites to see whats different.

Plugin Contributions

Just solved the issue with the captcha not validating on the contact page.

I had a backup of the header.php file (without the captcha) in the contact us folder under pages. I named the backup 'header.php-bak.php' and it seems like Zen Cart was loading that file instead of the one with the captcha script! Renaming the backup file to 'backup-header.php.php' solved the issue. (Of course deleting or moving the backup file to another location fixes it as well.l)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Right. Any files matching the pattern "header_php*.php" will be auto-loaded.

Similar to ALL files ending in ".php".

So, in the future, instead of renaming "fred.php" to "fred-bak.php", rename it from "fred.php" to "fred.bak" or "fred.php.bak".
    Basically, change the ".php" suffix instead of the prefix before it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast