Quote Originally Posted by guttal View Post
    Thank you, that did the trick.
    Great ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bentley Classic Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    I am working on a site for a friend overseas and she wanted to use this template. It's a great template BTW. I am not familiar with the new styles and have a couple of questions.
    1. I changed the colour of the footer and the footer image but I seem to have lost the sides somehow. The footer only displays the width of the columns now. Where to go to correct this. When I followed the instructions and turned off the IP address in the footer it also added white space below the footer. Can I eliminate the white?
    2. How to I reduce the white space above the top horizontal menu or remove the menu it entirely? I did see the instruction file on how to edit the text of the menu.
    3. How do I turn off the slider on the main page and if I do will that cause display problems for the side boxes?

I cannot post the URL as the site is throwing an error that reveals too much. I don't have access to fix it. I have attached a screen shot.Attachment 11010

TIA
    Carol
    1. I can't really help you with the footer until I can see a live site.

2. To remove the mega menu you can change this line in the stylesheet_mega_menu.css from:

Code:
    #mega-wrapper {width: 980px;margin:0 auto;display:block;position: relative;z-index:9999;top:-85px;}
    to:

Code:
    #mega-wrapper {width: 980px;margin:0 auto;display:block;position: relative;z-index:9999;top:-85px;display:none;}
    3. You can add this to the bottom of your stylesheet.css file:

Code:
    #home-banner{display:none;}

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic. I was able to remove the slider and mega menu. However, the search box that was in line with the mega menu is still displayed. Where would I find that?

I have also tried to find where to modify the logo position. I searched stylesheet.css but couldn't find any reference to logo.png. I would like to move it down a bit.

Here is a link to the site now that I have fixed the error. http://cardbuddydesigns.com/cardbuddydesigns/shop/
    The only change I made to the footer was the background colour in the stylesheet_footer_menu.css - the colour on the first line {clear:both;margin:0;background: #90602f
    I replaced the image of the scallop edge to match the colour. I don't know how the sides changed to display white.

Thank you again,
    Carol

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Fantastic. I was able to remove the slider and mega menu. However, the search box that was in line with the mega menu is still displayed. Where would I find that?

I have also tried to find where to modify the logo position. I searched stylesheet.css but couldn't find any reference to logo.png. I would like to move it down a bit.

Here is a link to the site now that I have fixed the error. http://cardbuddydesigns.com/cardbuddydesigns/shop/
    The only change I made to the footer was the background colour in the stylesheet_footer_menu.css - the colour on the first line {clear:both;margin:0;background: #90602f
    I replaced the image of the scallop edge to match the colour. I don't know how the sides changed to display white.

Thank you again,
    Carol
    You can turn the header search box on/off in admin--tools--layout boxes controller.

You can add positioning to the logo in the stylesheet.css file #logo.

Changing the color of the footer background would not cause it to change width. I would look to other changes that you made.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I have read through the css files - and the readme - but I cannot see where the body tag id's are being generated. I realise I can override them, but is it possible to go to the source?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by godt View Post
    I have read through the css files - and the readme - but I cannot see where the body tag id's are being generated. I realise I can override them, but is it possible to go to the source?
    The body tag id's are generated in the php files.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Ah. I see. It's a zencart thing. Thanks for your reply. And for the very fine template.

Plugin Contributions

I've been looking for the file with title and meta tags. The Zen Cart file is meta_tags.php. The title I would like to change is the title that displays in the browser tab. I see the code from the index.php page but I cannot find the file that defines the title and meta tags:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
    <head>
    <title>Bentley Classic, Free Template by Picaflor Azul Zen Cart Design</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="Software ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping " />
    <meta name="description" content="Bentley Classic : - Software ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping" />
    <meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" />
    <meta name="author" content="The Zen Cart&trade; Team and others" />
    <meta name="generator" content="shopping cart program by Zen Cart&trade;, http://www.zen-cart.com eCommerce" />

Could you point me in the correct direction to make changes?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

/includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast