Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bentley Classic Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lar48ry View Post
    I installed the template and was working my way through the Read Me page. Everything was working well and I was getting the results that I wanted. When I got to the footer portion of the Read Me file a problem cropped up for Step #11.

When I went to the Tools>EZ-Pages,the drop down menu shows that the Footer page is there but when I select it nothing is displayed, in fact none of the items in the list does. (This includes Header, Sidebox, Page Title, Page ID, Title).

I do not know if this is a template issue or a general type issue, could you please help?

Thank you
    Do you mean that the options are missing from your admin--tools--ezpages?

Try setting a sort order for the page and see if it shows up.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Do you mean that the options are missing from your admin--tools--ezpages?

Try setting a sort order for the page and see if it shows up.
    The options are there, they just do not display any content. When I click on the one nothing is displayed.

As to setting a sort order, I guess I do not understand exactly what you mean here. Could you please may be a bit more specific - as I understand what you mean here, this would be more of a data base function rather than a html or php function, or am I out in left field?

I am running this on a local host rather than an on-line server.

Plugin Contributions

The options are there, they just do not display any content. When I click on the one nothing is displayed.

As to setting a sort order, I guess I do not understand exactly what you mean here. Could you please may be a bit more specific - as I understand what you mean here, this would be more of a data base function rather than a html or php function, or am I out in left field?

I am running this on a local host rather than an on-line server.
    At the top of the ezpage in admin--tools--ezpages there is box under the footer:yes no that says order. Fill this in with a number.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

At the top of the ezpage in admin--tools--ezpages there is box under the footer:yes no that says order. Fill this in with a number.
    First let me apologize for not responding sooner, I had gotten a data base error and I ran out of time to fix it. I have since taken care of that.

When I go to admin -- tools -- ezpages, here is what I see:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZ-Pages Select a page.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	11127

When I click on any of the page elements in the drop down box no page appears, to allow editing.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

First let me apologize for not responding sooner, I had gotten a data base error and I ran out of time to fix it. I have since taken care of that.

When I go to admin -- tools -- ezpages, here is what I see:

Name:	EZ-Pages Select a page.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	11127

When I click on any of the page elements in the drop down box no page appears, to allow editing.

Thank you
    It doesn't look like you have any ezpages created yet? Check the FAQ's section for instructions on how to create an ezpage.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

When I make changes to headings or text content in headermenu.php, the changes do not appear. CSS edits appear OK, and I can change the about us image. But changes to original text do not appear. Is there another file at work here? I can't find any through the developers toolkit. I have browser cache disabled, and I have also checked on another PC.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by godt View Post
    When I make changes to headings or text content in headermenu.php, the changes do not appear. CSS edits appear OK, and I can change the about us image. But changes to original text do not appear. Is there another file at work here? I can't find any through the developers toolkit. I have browser cache disabled, and I have also checked on another PC.
    It sounds like you are either not saving the file before you upload to your server, uploading the file to the wrong location on your server, not overwriting the file on your server, or editing the wrong file. You should be editing: includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/bentley_classic/headermenu.php.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I have not set up any EZ_Pages at this time, because I am trying to get the Store Front (Home) page set the way I want it, before propagating additional pages. This deals mainly with the primary style sheet.

I have the following pages in templates > bentley_classic > common: tpl_columnar_display.php, html_header.php, tpl_footer.php, tpl_footer_menu.php, tpl_header.php, tpl_home_slider.php, tpl_main_page.php, tpl_mega_menu.php.

In the tpl_main_page, I found this for the Left Side Bar:

<?php
    if (COLUMN_LEFT_STATUS == 0 || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '1' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_COLUMN_LEFT_OFF == 'true' and ($_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0 or $_SESSION['customer_id'] == ''))) {
    // global disable of column_left
    $flag_disable_left = true;
    }
    if (!isset($flag_disable_left) || !$flag_disable_left) {
    ?>
    Which allows the Left Side Bar to be displayed.

For the Right Side Bar I have this:
    <?php
    //if (COLUMN_RIGHT_STATUS == 0 || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '1' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_COLUMN_RIGHT_OFF == 'true' && $_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0)) {
    if (COLUMN_RIGHT_STATUS == 0 || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == '1' and $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '') || (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_COLUMN_RIGHT_OFF == 'true' and ($_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0 or $_SESSION['customer_id'] == ''))) {
    // global disable of column_right
    $flag_disable_right = true;
    }
    if (!isset($flag_disable_right) || !$flag_disable_right) {
    ?>
    When I comment out the “$flag_disable_right = true;” nothing displays on the Home page.

Why the difference between the two side column PHP code?

For the Footer I have this:
    <?php
    /**
    * prepares and displays footer output
    */
    if (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL_AUTHORIZATION == 1 && CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_FOOTER_OFF == 'true' and ($_SESSION['customers_authorization'] != 0 or $_SESSION['customer_id'] == '')) {
    //$flag_disable_footer = true;
    }
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_footer.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_footer.php');
    ?>

In the tpl_footer.php, which also does not currently display I did this:
    " // if (!isset($flag_disable_footer) || !$flag_disable_footer) {".
    The "} // flag_disable_footer" was already flagged out.

Here is an image of where I currently stand:

Name:	Site_Image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	11131

Plugin Contributions

I have not set up any EZ_Pages at this time, because I am trying to get the Store Front (Home) page set the way I want it, before propagating additional pages. This deals mainly with the primary style sheet.

I have the following pages in templates > bentley_classic > common: tpl_columnar_display.php, html_header.php, tpl_footer.php, tpl_footer_menu.php, tpl_header.php, tpl_home_slider.php, tpl_main_page.php, tpl_mega_menu.php.

In the tpl_main_page, I found this for the Left Side Bar:

Which allows the Left Side Bar to be displayed.

For the Right Side Bar I have this:

When I comment out the “$flag_disable_right = true;” nothing displays on the Home page.

Why the difference between the two side column PHP code?

For the Footer I have this:

In the tpl_footer.php, which also does not currently display I did this:
    " // if (!isset($flag_disable_footer) || !$flag_disable_footer) {".
    The "} // flag_disable_footer" was already flagged out.

Here is an image of where I currently stand:

Name:	Site_Image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	11131
    Turn off the right or left hand column in the admin--configuration--layout settings.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do in the footer. Are you trying to turn off the footer menu?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Anne,
    Turn off the right or left hand column in the admin--configuration--layout settings.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do in the footer. Are you trying to turn off the footer menu?
    What I want to do is cause both the Right Hand Sidebar and the Footer to display on my home (front) page. In the image from my previous post, it shows only that the Header, Left Hand Sidebar and Main Content.

I was working on building my High Caliber Knives site and then realized that I was going to have a problem with integrating a shopping cart into it, this is why I went to Zen Cart. Here is an image of the home page:

Name:	Hcknives.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	11139

As you can see, I am not a novice when it comes to building a site. I have the necessary skills to accomplish most of what I want to do, including building a data base from scratch.

Examples include: http://www.kandlewebdesign.com/ and http://www.impelind.com/

The nice thing about Zen Cart is that it provides all of the back side features for an e-commerce site - I looked at Drupal and Joomla as possibilities but they did not appear to be as flexible (for my needs).

The hardest part in working with Zen Cart is learning how to use the template structure - the documentation regarding what each template file is used for seems to be sorely lacking or rather cryptic. I also realize that most of these templates are for behind the scene functionality and that only a relative few needs to be modified, but trying to figure this out is quite daunting. And yes I do have the latest edition of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart", which has been a great resource but it still has the same failure in explaining how the template system works as do many of the responses within the forum (a great resource once you noodle through them).

Thank you

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast