Plugin Contributions

Default Remove Redeem Link in GV Emails

I have spent entirey too much time on this. I want to remove the auto-generated html redeem link. I have tried editing every file I can find, to no avail.

I edited the following files:
    admin/gv_mail
    emails/email_template_gv_send.html
    inc/mod/pgs/gv_send/header_php.php
    inc/lang/eng/gv_send.php

Using Text method to send - I know how to change all the verbage, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to remove the link. See below.
    ################################################################################ ##############################___

We're pleased to offer you a Gift Certificate!

The Gift Certificate is worth $X.XX

To redeem this Gift Certificate, please click the link below. Please make note of the Redemption Code, which is XXXXXX just in case you have any trouble when trying to use it.

http://.....index.php?main_page=gv_redeem&gv_no=2354545 I WANT TO REMOVE THIS!

or visit ####################_ and enter the code during checkout.

-----
    This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to

This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect 01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored and respected.

Thanks so much! I want to quit banging my head on the wall!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Redeem Link in GV Emails

Why don't you want your customers to redeem the codes you send to them?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Why don't you want your customers to redeem the codes you send to them?
    My customer wants to use a unique message with the link to the gv_faq page. I need to delete the link becasue they asked. I look stupid becasue I cannot find where to delete it, LOL!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

/admin/gv_mail.php

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    /admin/gv_mail.php

I tried that! What code are you supposed to remove? I took out what I thought would work and it did not. Thanks so much for your help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The $message variable is used to assemble the plain-text version of the email. You'll need to remove or customize those lines as needed.
    If the store will be sending HTML-formatted emails as well, then you'll also need to make corresponding changes to the content inserted into the various $html_msg array elements. Commenting those out will be a problem. Instead you'll want to set them to blank strings else their template placeholders will be left behind in the HTML emails.