Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stuck install on local site - part 2

1. The fix_cache_key.php file needs to be copied into the main (or "root" or "top" or whatever you wanna call it) folder where your Zen Cart files are located. That's where the main index.php file exists. You'll also find some other files there like ipn_main_handler.php, nddbc.html, etc. In your case I believe you called the folder "mystore".

2. The message seen in the picture you shared means that your database credentials (the DB_XXXXXX settings) in your configure.php files are incorrect, or that the MySQL service isn't running on your server (in this case "server" means your XAMPP PC).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, thanks. I followed the above and believe I am almost there.

When I go to http://localhost/mystore/ I still get the green Zencart store screen.

In my Xampp control panel, I am getting the following message relating to mySQL

Possible problem detected
    port 3306 in use by "c:\xampp\xampp-control.exe"!

What do I need to do to fix this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by iceni11 View Post
    When I go to http://localhost/mystore/ I still get the green Zencart store screen.
    What were you expecting?
    Quote Originally Posted by iceni11 View Post
    In my Xampp control panel, I am getting the following message relating to mySQL

Possible problem detected
    port 3306 in use by "c:\xampp\xampp-control.exe"!

What do I need to do to fix this?
    You'll want to visit the XAMPP support site about errors encountered while using XAMPP. But if you're seeing a working Zen Cart and not a database error message then that port 3306 error can probably be safely ignored for the time being.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=DrByte;1141125]What were you expecting?

I was expecting to see a version of my live website rather than the zencart green template.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I went into Admin and changed the template from the classic green to my custom template, however it is now giving me a mix of the two templates.

Plugin Contributions

You need to replace your xampp local files with those of your LIVE store files, except for the 2 configure files add previously discussed.
    Then you need to go to xampp phpmyadmin and import a copy of your live database into xampp.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I followed the instructions but I am still getting a partial mix from my website and a partial mix of the default green Zencart template.

See the attached screenshots. Screenshots 1 & 2 are from my existing live website, and screenshots 3 & 4 are from the localhost (the mixed one).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	local screenshot 4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	10900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	local screenshot 3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	10901

What do I need to do to rectify the localhost?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iceni screenshot2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	10898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iceni screenshot1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	10899

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

On your live site, in your configure.php file, there is a DB_PREFIX definition. What is it?
    And what did you use on your localhost install when it asked you for a DB Prefix?

You need to use the same DB_PREFIX on your localhost as you use on your live host. Otherwise your localhost will show data from different tables than what you import from your live site.

Plugin Contributions

OK thanks - 2 more questions..

1) Do I need to change the DB_PREFIX on both the configure.php and admin/configure.php files?

2) Do the admin pages for the local and live website work independently? I can access the localhost admin page, but now cannot log into the admin page for my 'live' website. For the live website page, I am entering www.mywebsite/admin, and I'm getting an HTTP 404 error.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Yes. Both must use the same DB_XXXXXXX settings.

2. yes, the localhost site and the live site are independent of each other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12