Plugin Contributions

Default 145 - Table admin_activity_log is marked as crashed and should be repaired

When I received the above message, I accessed my data base via phpMyAdmin I found that the "admin_activity_log" has a this error "#145 - Table '.\zenproducts\admin_activity_log' is marked as crashed and should be repaired".

I have reviewed several posts regarding how to fix this problem, but a repair option is not available nor is there a repair option available under the Operations tab.

Can I use the "Flush the table (FLUSH)" command under the Operations tab to accomplish the same thing?

The error in the Cache file has this message
    [02-Aug-2012 11:04:11] PHP Fatal error: 145:Table '.\zenproducts\admin_activity_log' is marked as crashed and should be repaired :: SELECT ip_address from admin_activity_log LIMIT 1 in H:\xampp\htdocs\zenproducts\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 101
    Any suggestions?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 145 - Table admin_activity_log is marked as crashed and should be repaired

If you need to repair a table you don't do it in the zencart admin panel. You go into your host's cpanel, drill on down to the phpmyadmin site and do it there. On the phpmyadmin you should be able to click on the database, that brings up a list of tables, click on the table you want to repair and down at the bottom of your screen should be a big button that says repair.
    I'm trying to describe something I did eons ago, without actually going to phpmyadmin to make sure I'm describing it correctly, so hopefully I'm close enough to get you headed in the right direction!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 145 - Table admin_activity_log is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Joejoejoe,

Thanks for the response.

I am working on a localhost (USB drive) as this site is under development with the intent to migrate to a web server when I have gotten the site to work and at least appear like I want it too. As this is my first Zen Cart site, I have been working my way through creating base documentation for my notebook, so I have not created or changed any actual site information in the template yet.

Here is a screen shot of the "admin_activity_log":
    Name:  PHP_Screen_Display.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  21.6 KB

As you can see the "admin_activity_log" appears not to have any elements within it, and a Repair Button is not available. This is why I am considering running a FLUSH on the "admin_activity_log" table.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

The screen shot is too small to read but I can see you're on the wrong page.
    Log in to phpmyadmin. the left column should have the list of databases. In the left column select your database (database, not table). A list of all the tables in that database should show up in the main page on the right. Each will have a checkbox to the left of it.
    Put a check in the box for the table you want to repair.
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a line that says check all/uncheck all/check tables having overhead and just to the right of that is a pull-down box that says "with selected". Pull down the menu and you'll see "repair table."

Plugin Contributions

Joejoejoe,

Okay, that worked like a charm. Everything is now great in Smallville. Thanks Much!!!