The great midwest... Well, okay, it's not so great, but I'm stuck here!
    Plugin Contributions

help question Problems with Numinex Mod, can somebody help me with coding...

I posted this question to the Addon Shipping Modules section back on July 21st and haven't had any replies, so I'm posting here.

I installed the new Numinex FedEx module in June, and I want to change some of the wording within the module when people check out.

When checking out and people have a choice to choose shipping method (Home: Checkout: Shipping Method) Step 1 of 3 - Delivery Information

my screen shows the following information under Shipping Method:

Standard Overnight

Fed Ex 2 Day

Fed Ex Ground (1 Day)

All I'm trying to do is remove the (1 Day) so that it simply reads -

Fed Ex Ground.

I can't figure out where in my files to edit this and had no luck finding it in my Developer's Tool Kit. Can someone direct me as to where this file is located?

Also my alignment is off in this same area of the module.

Again, I show the following choices for shipping:

Standard Overnight

Fed Ex (2 Day)

Fed Ex Ground (1 Day)

AND when you look to the right side where the shipping charges appear for each of these shipping choices, all three shipping prices are up one line, they don't line up with the Shipping Options on the left.

For instance, Standard Overnight - it shows the shipping charge one line higher on the right side.

Can someone help me correct these problems.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. You guys are all amazing!!!!! You sure got me going when I didn't think it was possible.

here is the url if you want to see a screenshot of my problem. bigredworkweardotcom/images/module.jpg
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with Numinex Mod, can somebody help me with coding...

I can't find the 1 Day thing looking through the mod files, but I'm not seeing it on your site, either.

When I get to the shipping checkout page, I see these options:

Standard Overnight

Fedex 2 Day

Ground Home Delivery (2 days)

You can fix the alignment thing by fiddling with these rules in stylesheet.css. Adjust margin values as needed, but these seem to work in Web Developer.

html>/**/body input[type=checkbox], html>/**/body input[type=radio] {
    float:left;
    clear:both;
    margin: -1.4em 2em 0 2em;}

html>/**/body .checkboxLabel, html>/**/body .radioButtonLabel {
    margin:-1.9em .2em .5em 5em;
    float:left;
    }

'Course you'll have to check any other radio buttons, and if they're messed up, add new rules just for the buttons on the shipping page.
    Last edited by stevesh; 3 Aug 2012 at 10:48 AM.

The great midwest... Well, okay, it's not so great, but I'm stuck here!
    Plugin Contributions

Hey Steve, good to hear from you. Thanks so much for helping me with that line adjustment. I messed with web developer trying to figure out where to find that mod to adjust the words, with no luck.

I think that the shipping information is confusing - the Fedex 2 Day and the Ground Home Delivery (2 days) look like the same thing but with different charges, that's why I wanted to reword it. It has to be in there somewhere, I need to keep looking.

Thanks again for helping me, I hope things are going well for you!
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Based on a quick test using my site, I am reasonably sure that the "Days" being added to the lines is being quoted by the Fedex servers based upon the delivery address and you are not likely to be able to change it.

Shipping estimator to zipcode A which is my zipcode shows Home 1-day

Same cart, different zipcode shows Home 4 days.

Our customers generally choose the less expensive of the two options and really don't care whether a blue & green truck or blue and orange truck make the delivery.

Our customers also learned quickly how to get a reduced rate quote. Enter anything in the business name field and fedex will quote business rates even if the package is being delivered to a residential address. When you print the label, you find that you must pay the residential surcharges even though the customer was charged the lesser rate.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I know this is an old thread, but just in case someone is looking for this solution still... To remove the (X days) from the ground shipping option, this worked for me in v1.4.4:

in /includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php

In the following statement:

Code:
              if ($cost > 0) {
                  $methods[] = array('id' => str_replace('_', '', $rateReply->ServiceType),
                                     'title' => ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', $rateReply->ServiceType))) . $transitTime,
                                     'cost' => $cost + (strpos($this->types[$rateReply->ServiceType]['handling_fee'], '%') ? ($cost * (float)$this->types[$rateReply->ServiceType]['handling_fee'] / 100) : (float)$this->types[$rateReply->ServiceType]['handling_fee']));
    remove the ". $transitTime" so it reads like this:

Code:
              if ($cost > 0) {
                                     'title' => ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', $rateReply->ServiceType))) ,
                                     'cost' => $cost + (strpos($this->types[$rateReply->ServiceType]['handling_fee'], '%') ? ($cost * (float)$this->types[$rateReply->ServiceType]['handling_fee'] / 100) : (float)$this->types[$rateReply->ServiceType]['handling_fee']));
    Last edited by abcisme; 26 May 2013 at 03:07 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by abcisme View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but just in case someone is looking for this solution still... To remove the (X days) from the ground shipping option, this worked for me in v1.4.4:

in /includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php

In the following statement:

Code:
              if ($cost > 0) {
                                     'title' => ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', $rateReply->ServiceType))) . $transitTime,
    remove the ". $transitTime" so it reads like this:

Code:
              if ($cost > 0) {
                                     'title' => ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', $rateReply->ServiceType))) ,
    Worked for me as well...