Plugin Contributions

Default Total is way off at checkout

What in the world is going on?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrong.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	10933

Subtotal is correct. Confused on what the blank line item is and how we got the Total to the huge number it displays.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart Total is way off at checkout

1) We need loads more info, try filling in the posting tips
    2) What modules do you have installed, have you installed, uninstalled or reinstalled anything recently
    3) read this thread http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-off-800-to-3k any of that seem familiar to you
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart Total is way off at checkout

I'm using 1.3.9h and have added password protected pages and multiple pricing levels. (We're currently not using these features) When it was first done I added a test item and it worked properly, I was able to use my credit card and it posted through etc.

Now the totals are crazy. Still don't know what that blank line item below shipping cost and total.
    Here is another example:

$115.00 Sub-Total:
    $17.97 United Parcel Service (1 x 6.00lbs) (Ground):
    $7.48:
    $2,268.95

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Total is way off at checkout

1. You said "it did work fine" and now today you're saying it doesn't. So, "when" was it "fine", and "when" did it suddenly break? What changed in the meantime?
    2. Who has access to your site?
    3. What's different between your site and original Zen Cart code? The detailed list will be a helpful tool in your diagnosis: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    4. How long has that "blank line" been showing? It's probably that you're missing a tax description in your Tax Rates settings. Or maybe it's from an order-total module you've added that's malfunctioning and also the cause of the wrong calculations?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Not quite sure when things went wrong. Besides myself two other people have access to the site. One of them is doing nothing other than adding and editing products and categories, the other is on these forums and is a trusted person with tons of experience. I was recently having issues with attributes so I asked for help and provided access for the trouble-shooting process.

I'm not quite sure how long the line has been showing. The last time I tested the checkout was a few months ago.

Looks like there are a number of items in my debug log. What's my next step?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Next step? see points 3 and 4 from my prior post.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There is likely a great deal of differences in the files as I'm using a theme with a couple of add-ons.

As for order total modules, I haven't installed anything like this.

How would I find a missing a tax description in my Tax Rates settings? I only have one tax class but there are 41769 tax rates which were imported from a previous shopping cart.

Plugin Contributions

Made some progress on narrowing down the issue. I went through the debug log, the three errors it posts are:
    /includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php on line 14
    /includes/modules/sideboxes/manufacturers.php on line 121
    /includes/templates/theme457/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php on line 20

I doubt any of these issue could be the culprit.

One other thing I tried was making the items in question non-taxable which got rid of the blank line item issue as well as the incorrect inflated total issue, so it's clearly a tax problem.

The tax database is huge with 41,769 tax rates and was imported from a magento cart (ported). What can I do to fix this? Will this involve deleting these tax rates or is there a simpler solution?

Plugin Contributions

Could you provide a couple screen shots of the first page when browsing the two tables:
    tax_class
    tax_rates
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Here they are:

Name:	tax_class.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	10939

Name:	tax_rates.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.9 KB