Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot reset my admin username and password on localhost

Hello,

I have two questions.

I have recently set up a duplicate copy of my live website on my local pc with Xampp.

All was working OK yesterday when I set it up, but today I cannot log into Admin with the saved username and password. I have followed the tutorial below to reset things but when I enter Admin admin it's still not working.

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...rd-(i-lost-it)

I have tried deleting the cookies, closing down and restarting the computer but still nothing happens. When I now go into the localhost/phpmyadmin, I can see that the "admin" page still refers to my original username and not to the reset Admin. Should I change this username to Admin and try to log in again?

Also, I have two admin pages in C:/mystore for the local store. One is from the original zencart download named "admin", and the other is from when I copied over my website files from the server named "adminzc". I saved the admin/configure.php files from the original zencart download, and copied it back over the website file into "admin" folder and not "adminzc". Do I need to do anything with the "adminzc" file or do I just ignore this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot reset my admin username and password on localhost

Does anyone know the answers to my 2 questions? I have spent all weekend looking for answers but have found nothing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by iceni11 View Post
    ... When I now go into the localhost/phpmyadmin, I can see that the "admin" page still refers to my original username and not to the reset Admin. Should I change this username to Admin and try to log in again?
    Did you export the contents of your hosted database and then import that data into your localhost version of the database? That would account for the admin changes not being visible via /localhost/phpmyadmin.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I exported the hosted database when I first set up the local copy. All was working fine the first day when I set it all up, but the next day the password and username credentials for admin were not working, hence I followed the link to reset these. Are you saying that I should have exported the hosted database once again in order to reset the admin page?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by iceni11 View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I exported the hosted database when I first set up the local copy. All was working fine the first day when I set it all up, but the next day the password and username credentials for admin were not working, hence I followed the link to reset these. Are you saying that I should have exported the hosted database once again in order to reset the admin page?
    If you can still sign into the admin of the hosted version of your website, you can use your hosting company's cPanel to access the hosted version of your database. From there, you can copy the value in that admin table's admin_pass field into the admin_pass field of the localhost version of the database. That way, the passwords will still be the same between your local and hosted version of your website.

If you cannot still sign into your hosted admin, you will need to perform the username/password reset procedure on both the hosted and localhost versions of your installation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    If you can still sign into the admin of the hosted version of your website, you can use your hosting company's cPanel to access the hosted version of your database. From there, you can copy the value in that admin table's admin_pass field into the admin_pass field of the localhost version of the database. That way, the passwords will still be the same between your local and hosted version of your website.

If you cannot still sign into your hosted admin, you will need to perform the username/password reset procedure on both the hosted and localhost versions of your installation.
    Got it! Ok it works now. I copied the configure.php file from "admin" into my "adminzc" and logged in with the server's username and password. thanks for your help.