Default Moving Servers, Help

I am currently moving my hosting away from godaddy and have run into a problem. I have my domain registered to godaddy and would like as little downtime as possible.

I have uploaded the 1.3.9h files to my new server to install in order to get the correct configure.php files as it says here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server

The problem is I cant access the website in order to run the installation. I thought I would be able to just type in the IP to get to the site. But this seems to not be working as it just brings up the default website page from cPanel.

I think there will be a much easier way around this but I just don't know of it cause im so new to zen-cart.

Help!

Danny

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving Servers, Help

Until you switch the nameservers to point to the new hosting you will need to access the new site by the ip address. Usually this is included in the welcome email from the hosting company. If not you should contact them and find out how to do it. Once you've migrated everything you will change the nameservers to point to the new hosting comany and once it propagates through the newtowrk you'll be able to access it using the domain name.

Default Re: Moving Servers, Help

Thankyou! I knew i would be able to access it via some IP adress, I just couldnt find it.

I checked the welcome email and found it! Im suprised it wasnt in the cPanel.

Thanks!