Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Biki kini - Go Green

I like your work and see you are fixing some items mentioned here. I have been looking at the template for two days and have a couple of issues I can not immediatly see solutions to. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled a number of times. Issues with template.. at top of header the cart shows php code on the page, the Shop By Brand drop down is full of code not the brand/manufacturers list..starting line 233:

code.. ->Execute($manufacturer_sidebox_query); if ($manufacturer_sidebox->RecordCount()>0) { $number_of_rows = $manufacturer_sidebox->RecordCount()+1;

I'm not php smart so need help fixing the error. Tried in Firefox and IE, zen 1.5.1 On my localhost so I can't direct you to the site, can send screen shots if necessary.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JAWhite View Post
    I like your work and see you are fixing some items mentioned here. I have been looking at the template for two days and have a couple of issues I can not immediatly see solutions to. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled a number of times. Issues with template.. at top of header the cart shows php code on the page, the Shop By Brand drop down is full of code not the brand/manufacturers list..starting line 233:

code.. ->Execute($manufacturer_sidebox_query); if ($manufacturer_sidebox->RecordCount()>0) { $number_of_rows = $manufacturer_sidebox->RecordCount()+1;

I'm not php smart so need help fixing the error. Tried in Firefox and IE, zen 1.5.1 On my localhost so I can't direct you to the site, can send screen shots if necessary.

Hi John,
    Obviously something is crashing. Are you sure you have the right PhP version installed ? I have used php 5.3 and did not check it that is compatible with older version of php.
    The second opinion I have is that the template installation is probably not correct.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I use php 5.3.4 ...I have removed and re-installed 3 times following the instructions, including running the patch to remove the installation patch. I looked at the code but I am not a php person, the other dropdowns work, only the Shop By Brand and header cart area is wrong, which might indicate... something? I downloaded the most recent versions of the template, perhaps a previous version is an option?

I really want to use the template, but I need to move on with this job so need help soon.

Plugin Contributions

I use php 5.3.4 ...I have removed and re-installed 3 times following the instructions, including running the patch to remove the installation patch. I looked at the code but I am not a php person, the other dropdowns work, only the Shop By Brand and header cart area is wrong, which might indicate... something? I downloaded the most recent versions of the template, perhaps a previous version is an option?

I really want to use the template, but I need to move on with this job so need help soon.
    I really do not know what to say. I do not see that is an issue that has been reported by others consistently. So I do not think there is a problem in the package. I installed it sometime back and I think I used the version I uploaded. I did not have any issue. I installed this template on the top of Zen cart bare installation. I did not have any other template/plug in installed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by anamika59 View Post
    I really do not know what to say. I do not see that is an issue that has been reported by others consistently. So I do not think there is a problem in the package. I installed it sometime back and I think I used the version I uploaded. I did not have any issue. I installed this template on the top of Zen cart bare installation. I did not have any other template/plug in installed.
    I found one of the problems, have no idea how it came to exist in the download I received 3 seperate times! and I checked all 3, the same error is in all. In the tpl_mega_menu.php file....Just after --bof shop by brand-- The first <? did not have the php letters after the question mark. Put them in and wow! I had a dropdown menu working. Now to find the error in the header shopping cart code.

I still like the template and hope continued testing is worth the effort.

Plugin Contributions

I found one of the problems, have no idea how it came to exist in the download I received 3 seperate times! and I checked all 3, the same error is in all. In the tpl_mega_menu.php file....Just after --bof shop by brand-- The first <? did not have the php letters after the question mark. Put them in and wow! I had a dropdown menu working. Now to find the error in the header shopping cart code.

I still like the template and hope continued testing is worth the effort.
    OK... found the same problem, with the header shopping cart displaying code on the page... in templates/common/tpl_header.php no php after the <? in two places, the qty and the value of the cart. All fixed now and I know more about php than I ever wanted to know.

Plugin Contributions

OK... found the same problem, with the header shopping cart displaying code on the page... in templates/common/tpl_header.php no php after the <? in two places, the qty and the value of the cart. All fixed now and I know more about php than I ever wanted to know.
    You are correct. It is missing php after <?. I tested in ie9, FF and safari. Did not have any issue. May I ask which browser version you are using so that if any one has any issue, they know what to do...

Let me summarize the fix JAWhite has done :
    In includes/templates/biki_kini_green/common/tpl_header.php
    Fixed version will look like :

<?php echo $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents();?> item(s) - <?php echo $currencies->format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?></a></li>

Old version :
    <? echo $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents();?> item(s) - <? echo $currencies->format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?></a></li>

----
    In includes/templates/biki_kini_green/common/tpl_mega_menu.php
    !--bof shop by brand -->
    <div class="dropdown_1column">
    <div class="col_1 firstcolumn">

<ul >
    <?php

$show_manufacturers= true;

Older version :
    !--bof shop by brand -->

<ul >
    <?

-----------
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

I was running IE 8 and also ran FF and had the same problem. It is fine now, BUT I have a new problem which I will start anew thread on.

Quote Originally Posted by anamika59 View Post
    You are correct. It is missing php after <?. I tested in ie9, FF and safari. Did not have any issue. May I ask which browser version you are using so that if any one has any issue, they know what to do...

Let me summarize the fix JAWhite has done :
    In includes/templates/biki_kini_green/common/tpl_header.php

<?php echo $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents();?> item(s) - <?php echo $currencies->format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?></a></li>

Old version :
    <? echo $_SESSION['cart']->count_contents();?> item(s) - <? echo $currencies->format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?></a></li>

----
    In includes/templates/biki_kini_green/common/tpl_mega_menu.php
    !--bof shop by brand -->

<ul >
    <?php

Older version :
    !--bof shop by brand -->

<ul >
    <?

-----------
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to Anamika59 for the TPlate,
    I had trouble with editing until I realised that you can not use the WYSIWYG editor but only the HTML editor on the home/main page with the JS coin slide show. Now need help on this ... I can not see how to increase the margin/padding between the left column and the the coin slider, the demo on the Creativsite, and my site is very narrow. I would like the space to be at least as wide as the space between the left column and the "New Product and Featured Product" section which by default is on the main page. Where do I change this? Help appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to Anamika59 for the TPlate,
    I had trouble with editing until I realised that you can not use the WYSIWYG editor but only the HTML editor on the home/main page with the JS coin slide show. Now need help on this ... I can not see how to increase the margin/padding between the left column and the the coin slider, the demo on the Creativsite, and my site is very narrow. I would like the space to be at least as wide as the space between the left column and the "New Product and Featured Product" section which by default is on the main page. Where do I change this? Help appreciated.
    In the css folder, open stylesheet.css file and search for .coin-slider and add some left margin : Something like : .coin-slider { overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; position: relative; margin-left:15px;}a
    If you go to the demo page of go-green template, you can see that the images are now 15px off from the menu bar.
    Play with the .css file until you get to the point you like the style.
    Good luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast