The great midwest... Well, okay, it's not so great, but I'm stuck here!
    Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to change the header image in only one category

I'm adding another product line to my store (bigredworkweardotcom). This line will be Bulwark Fire Resistant Apparel and will have several subcategory pages. I want to change the header image for this category and for all of it's subpages. My header now says RedKap, but Bulwark is a separate division, so I built a .jpg to insert in my header to use on the Bulwark pages, but I'm not a coder, and don't know how to change the header for my Bulwark pages. Can someone help me insert the coding to accomplish this.

Thanks once again. Everything has been running smoothly and now I'm adding to my site, hopefully it won't be as painful as previously and I won't have to ask you all too many questions.

You are all the best, I can never repay you for all the help you've given me.

I also have one other question, but I'll address it separately.
    Last edited by strugglingnovice; 18 Aug 2012 at 06:23 PM.
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to change the header image in only one category

Look at the CSS_read_me.txt file in the CSS folder of Zen Cart. It describes how to create an individual stylesheet for categories, products, languages, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Note that the CSSreadme method needs to be repeated for every category, subcategory and possibly product page under the top category; otherwise it will apply only to the single category page you set it up for.

Smart Backgrounds from Plugins will automatically apply an image via a category styling class to all its subcat and product pages unless you specify a different image for any of those pages. Often, there is no real advantage to using Smart BG vs. per-page stylesheets, but this is one area where the difference is appreciable.

The great midwest... Well, okay, it's not so great, but I'm stuck here!
    Plugin Contributions

I'll check out the Smart Bakgrounds. I want to do this as easily as possible. When I try and code things I realize my limitations, my comprehension, unfortunately, is really bad.
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...