Plugin Contributions

Default ALERT: Your Admin settings have been changed

The other thread was closed...Somehow i get this email all the time i make small changes in the site. ALERT: Your Admin settings have been changed in your online store.

The thing is i didnt get it before it maybe something i changed in the admin probably. Any ideas how to not get this email..Its kind of annoying
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ALERT: Your Admin settings have been changed

That feature was added (I think) as of version 1.5.0, and may be required for PAA-DSS certification.

It only sends a message, in my experience, when payment or shipping modules are changed. Personally, I want that notification in case someone manages to sneak in to my admin.

Plugin Contributions

Oh cool thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Right. It's there just to let you know that someone has changed something. If that was you, then of course you can simply delete it. But if it was someone else doing something you didn't expect, you'd certainly want to know, wouldn't you?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am getting these admin alert emails (which is good) but the "From" is something I set-up when the site was in its very early stages, and I used a temporary fake name. Now, that the store is just about ready to be turned over to the owner, I want to change this email's "From" but I can't find where to do it. It is NOT pulling from the "My Store" page in the admin panel.

I remember typing in the fake name that I see in the "From" but I can't find where to change it.

To be more specific about what I'm talking about, emails are sent from "Name <email.addressATexampleDOTcom>". It's the Name portion that I need to change.

Example: "Tom Smith <tomATexampleDOTcom>"

I need to be able to change the words "Tom Smith" that is associated with the email address "tomATexampleDOTcom".

I hope this helps you understand.

Plugin Contributions

Try
    admin > config > email options
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's the store name: Admin->Configuration->My Store->Store Name

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, as I mentioned in my post, it is NOT pulling this information from the Admin > Configure > My Store page. I double-checked to be sure. This "From" only appears on the admin alert emails. It does not appear on the customer welcome email or the order confirmation email. Those emails do pull the their information from the My Store page.

I did a search of the "From" wording using the developer's toolkit but it cannot find the phrase.

I'm really scratching my head on this one. Any ideas on where else I might look?

In case you were wondering, the phrase that's showing in the "From" is something silly, like "Fred's Fish Market". Although it only shows in the admin alert emails, so there is no danger of a customer getting it, I still would rather have the From be correct.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

ALL of the Admin Alert emails (such as admin user account changes and payment/shipping module changes) use the "Store Name" as the "From" name.
    In fact, all of the emails sent from the Admin use the Store Name for the "From" name, with the exception of when the Admin is sending out coupon/GV promotional emails and specifically types in something different. But that's got nothing to do with any "alert" emails.

The only reason it would operate differently is if you've changed the code.
    Or maybe the emails you're talking about are coming from something else, and not from Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Dr. Byte. I wish I could recall the details of setting this up. I remember typing in the silly phrase. It's only showing on the Admin Alert emails that come when admin settings are changed. It's a real mystery.

If I ever track down what's happening, I'll post it here. Lesson for me? Don't type in something "just for fun" during set-up and testing.

Thanks