Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Cookie Control [Support Thread]

I made an easy to install Module based on the scripts Civic provided.
    These script are edited to be multilingual and the settings can be changed through the admin panel

The module can be downloaded at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1476

Because recent legislation requires websites to obtain explicit consent before leaving behind or reading files (mostly cookies) on your user's computers, you need to make the use of cookies on your website very obvious to users. Cookie Control does just that, presenting users with clear information on whether cookies are present, linking to your privacy policy (where you should have specific information about what cookies are in use), and advising users on how to adjust browser settings and what cookies mean for them.
    above text by Civic

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cookie Control Support Thread

Nice work now if I can just a small edit to your english file for us english speakers.
    // Cookie control
    define ('COOKIE_CONTROL_INTROTEXT', 'We use cookies to recognize you on your next visit. Furthermore, we use Google Analytics.');
    define ('COOKIE_CONTROL_FULLTEXT', 'Cookies enable us to collect information about the use of our services and to improve and adapt to the needs of our visitors. Our cookies provide information related to personal identification. They are also used to process your order correctly.By using our site you agree to our.');
    define ('COOKIE_CONTROL_READ_MORE', 'read More');
    define ('COOKIE_CONTROL_READ_LESS', 'read Less');
    define ('COOKIE_CONTROL_COOKIES_ON', 'Cookies are on');
    define ('COOKIE_CONTROL_COOKIES_OFF', 'Cookies are off');
    define ('COOKIE_CONTROL_ONE_COOKIE', 'One cookie will be set to store your preference');
    define ('COOKIE_CONTROL_CHECK', 'Do not ask me again');
    define ('COOKIE_CONTROL_CHECK_EXPLAIN', 'Ticking this sets a cookie to hide this popup if you then hit close. This will not store any personal information');
    Hope you don't mind me doing this but it might help some people
    What ever your doing remember to KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid )

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am fairly new to all this but was wondering if I'd done something wrong during installation...

No matter how many times I visit a page on my site, it always pops up with the cookie control box. I always leave it with the cookies on setting showing in green, have tried clicking to close the box and other times have left it to disappear on it's own. Nothing seems to make any difference?
    I have a horrible feeling it's something glaringly obvious but I just can't get my head around it.

Ps. Its the new version 1.1 I have installed on zen cart 1.5, have various add-ons (FEC, SNAF,reward points) but non of these files were changed during installation.

Any help is appreciated !

Thanks,

Kirstin

Plugin Contributions

It seems to happen on all browsers have tried ie 8, the current google chrome and the current firefox, even the android browser on my htc phone does it. Occasionally it navigates me to a page saying that cookies aren't allowed on my browser even though I have it set to allow all cookies.

Plugin Contributions

It's not up and running for people yet so only have a test item on so far, but using the links on the left, every page shows the pop up.

http://79.170.40.242/serenitycrafts....&products_id=1

Thanks for having a look !
    Kirstin

Plugin Contributions

It could the ip adress in your temporary domain that is causing the problem. Please set the subdomain setting to false and see what happens. I found this solution on the support forum from civic

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! that did the trick nicely :) and can I add, thank you for all your quick responses too!

Kirstin

Plugin Contributions

Glad to help, and to see people like the module. Once you have your final domain without the ip adres you can try the subdomain again, it should work.

This afternooon I also posted the 1.2 version of the module including some minor fixes.
    Cookie Control v1.2 Change-log
    • Now this REALLY works under SSL as well (the non ssl statement has been removed from jscript_cookieControl-5.1.min.php)
    • Removed extra <p></p> from tpl_cookie_control.php
    • Removed href=# from jscript_cookieControl-5.1.min.php , to stop the script from returning to the homepage when the permission link is clicked
    • Removed Optional file folder with jscript_jquery-1.7.2.min.js. the script loads jQuery by default from Google if not already present on your server.
    • Repaired the auto installer
    • Updated Readme

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by eentje View Post
    New version (1.1) submitted with SSL support, English defines added, less core files to be altered, general off/on switch in admin and extended read me.
    Firstly, great mod. I had been using the copy and paste version direct from CookieControl website as until today I hadn't found one that was ready-to-go on the zen cart site.

I'm using the the latest v1.2 version which claims to be able to handle SSL. I appeared to have problems with our sites SSL. I have our mod set to explicit giving the user the choice to avoid cookies until they allow them. In this mode, SSL works ok in both IE9 and firefox. Once the user has allowed cookies, there becomes SSL issues in both browsers; not good news for the customer who's about to log-in.

Then I thought, I had this problem before! The google analytics script found in includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_cookie_control.php contains the a URL that did not start with https:. So I changed it from http: as below:

function ccAddAnalytics() {
    jQuery.getScript("https://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js", function() {
    var GATracker = _gat._createTracker('<?php echo COOKIE_CONTROL_GOOGLE_ANALYTICS ; ?>');
    GATracker._trackPageview();
    });
    }

It worked with my old installation so didn't see why it couldn't work with this mod. And it did, cookies are now being stored on my browser. I'm not a php programmer but love to tinker so I'm unsure if this the correct way to sort out this issue, it just happened to work for me.

Plugin Contributions

The whole Google function is actually meant a bit as an example, since a lot of people already have analytics added to their site and need to change that. For my own site i rewrote the code so it works together with the simple Google analytics module.
    But I am glad you found your solution that works for you.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast