Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shippping Charges Not Added to Order

Maybe you need the Ceon Advanced Shipper (paid) addon?
    But it might not work on your old (2007) version. Should be upgrading anyway.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What about these Yarns in Personal Stash:/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=27_43
    These don't need the international attribute because I'm not shipping them internationally (I could if I can set up the rates properly).

What is your definition of: International?
    My definition of International is anything outside of US or Canada.

... so do you mean just this 1 single Product? Or Product(s) several like this Product?
    I mean any item listed in the Woolwash department.

Are you really saying you want to ship for the US:...and for CA you want to use:...
    If that works the way I want it to then, yes, I want this but I don't like the idea of having a Handling Charge because I don't want my customers thinking I'm charging them something extra; the shipping rates I charge are almost exactly the same as what I'm actually paying for postage.

And those rates are only for the Eucalan or for many Product(s) "like" the Eucalan ...

And that the Eucalan Product or Product(s) like the Eucalan Product will only be shipped to the US or Canada ... but no where else ...
    Yes, for now, these rates are only for all of the Eucalan products, or any product that I add to the Woolwash department; yes, I do not plan to ship these products to anywhere but US and Canada.

... but you have several story lines running for the Products in your shop and then small sets of Products that each appear to need to be treated differently ...
    Basically EVERYTHING in my shop includes shipping charges because I could never figure out a way to charge shipping the way I need to without entering 100+ shipping rates to cover the quantities that customers might order, and different items need different shipping options. The only products I planned on adding shipping charges to are those in the Woolwash department because I need to do this differently due to the packaging and the shipping destinations.

Plus, different categories need different shipping rates - Clubs would still need to be under FREE shipping because of how they are shipped, Classes and Knit Alongs are not tangible products so they would need to be FREE as well, some yarn I do ship internationally so they would need those rates. So basically I would have 3 different shipping categories: 1) FREE (for Clubs, Classes, Knit Alongs); 2) US, Canada, International (for Yarn and Stitch Markers); and 3) US and Canada only (for Woolwash items).
    Last edited by velvetgirl; 2 Sep 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Should be upgrading anyway.
    Yes, I do plan on upgrading sometime this week, I needed to update my php and MySQL versions otherwise I would have upgraded sooner.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so I set the "Allow Free Shipping" in the ot_shipping module to "false". I haven't made any other changes. When I add a Eucalan item to my cart and go to checkout, it says "Free shipping"; if I add 2 items it charges $3.50, the amount that is supposed to be charged for 1 item.

Plugin Contributions

Look in your Zen Cart Admin at the Tools ... Who's Online ...

How many people are on your cart?

I cannot recall if that old version 1.3.7 shows:
    Logged in Customers
    Guests
    Spiders
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

As of right now, there is one guest and one spider.

Plugin Contributions

This would be easier if you had a Test site of your Live site ...

As I cannot see things because you need to turn them off on your live site ...

There are ways of making shipping not show or be available based on cart content and have either alternatives or the shipping turns off when these Products are in the cart that are not suppose to ship to people for one reason or another or you need other customization ...

This is also a lot easier in to do in v1.3.9h or v1.5 ...

If you are not in a horrible rush to get this all working in you v1.3.7, then it would be better to wait until after the upgrade to ensure what you have now is working once you upgrade and then, that the new Products can work the way you need them to work ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I understand, I can turn off the New Products page so I can turn on the Eucalan so you an look at it, I just want to make sure no one orders any until I have this straightened out. Here's the item page: http://www.bopeepswoolshop.com/zenca...roducts_id=483

Edit: I just tried this process again and I noticed that it is only giving the wrong shipping amount if I also add a download product to the cart - one of the patterns. If there is also a download pattern in the cart, it shows Free shipping for 1 Eucalan and $3.50 for 2 of them. I tried changing the shipping option for the Eucalan to "Special, Product/Download Combo Requires a Shipping Address" and it still gives the wrong shipping amount.
    Last edited by velvetgirl; 3 Sep 2012 at 04:25 AM.

Plugin Contributions

On your Product Emerald Mitts:
    /index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=478

What are the settings if you edit that Product in your Admin in the Catalog ... Categories/Products ...
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
    And in the Attributes on this Emerald Mitts product, do you see the filename and a green dot on it?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

The setting on this are:

Product is Virtual: Yes, Skip Shipping Address
    Always Free Shipping: Yes, Always Free Shipping
    These are the same settings on all of my patterns.

Yes, there is a green dot next to the file name.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast