Default Re: Azienda Pro Free Zen Cart Template - Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty dumb View Post
    I removed the INFORMATION line and IMPORTANT line frrom this code

\incudes\templates\common\azendia\tplfootermenu.php

<dl>
    <?php echo QUICKLINKS; ?>
    <?php echo INFORMATION; ?>
    <?php echo CUSTOMER_SERVICE; ?>
    <?php if (EZPAGES_STATUS_FOOTER == '1' or (EZPAGES_STATUS_FOOTER == '2' and (strstr(EXCLUDE_ADMIN_IP_FOR_MAINTENANCE, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])))) { ?>
    <?php echo IMPORTANT; ?>
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_ezpages_footer_menu.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_ezpages_footer_menu.php'); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php echo IMPORTANT_END; ?>

Then i changed the width in another file, I think the css one, until I got it right. It took me most of the day messing about with it, I wish i had known the above before...

I keep a record of all my changes in notepad, partly as I am a complete novice. This way whatever i have disabled or broken to get the required result can always be fixed.
    I don't want to step on any toes, but I just thought that I would offer an alternative edit that may be simpler for beginners ;-) You can also hide any of the footer menu columns by adding a display:none to the appropriate dd class in the stylesheet_footer_menu.css file. So to hide the information column in the footer you can add:

Code:
    .second{display:none;}
    This will also make it much easier to add the column back in, in the future if you find that you want to do so ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I don't want to step on any toes, but I just thought that I would offer an alternative edit that may be simpler for beginners ;-) You can also hide any of the footer menu columns by adding a display:none to the appropriate dd class in the stylesheet_footer_menu.css file. So to hide the information column in the footer you can add:

Code:
    .second{display:none;}

This will also make it much easier to add the column back in, in the future if you find that you want to do so ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Thanks, yes, this is another way of doing it while I would still recommend changing the column width as well in the footer css to prevent just a blank space and fill it in.
    Zen Cart Help and Design

If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brandonturpin View Post
    Thanks, yes, this is another way of doing it while I would still recommend changing the column width as well in the footer css to prevent just a blank space and fill it in.
    Yes, you would of course have to add any styling to the menu that you need ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

First of all thank you for creating this template and the instructions were easy to follow.

I managed to get it all installed however the header at the top is all out of alignment please see the image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saf.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	11288

Now I'm sure I've done something wrong somewhere. I have tried this on firefox and ie and its the same on both.

ps

please be gentle I'm really new!

Plugin Contributions

Firstly, thank you Anne and other contributors for the information, I shall give it a whirl. I have to go back to the footer and have re-instated the Important line as I need to put some links in there now...not sure how yet but will get to that in a moment.

The above screenshot also happens to me since I installed google languages add-on and (only) if I choose to display in another language, such as Greek. Then my screen and menu bar also goes wrong and looks like the above. I do not know why this happens but a fix or solution would be great!

Plugin Contributions

If you need to add links to the Important Links in the footer you do that via EZ pages in the admin panel.
    Does anyone know how to amend the headings in the footer rows or how to add one, I would ideally like to add another row/heading under the Customer Service column so i can put my Terms of Sale there. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by saffer View Post
    First of all thank you for creating this template and the instructions were easy to follow.

I managed to get it all installed however the header at the top is all out of alignment please see the image.

Name:	saf.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	11288

Now I'm sure I've done something wrong somewhere. I have tried this on firefox and ie and its the same on both.

ps

please be gentle I'm really new!
    OK, First think I see in the image is the company name is very large making it so all the content on the left side of the line does not fit. If you see the word "account" on the left, should be at the end of the top line and say "Create Account"

To fix this you can do 1 of 2 things, you can either just make the name smaller to open up more space... or open the following file: /includes/templates/azienda/css/stylesheet.css

and font the following 2 lines
    Code:
    #header-welcome {
            float: left;
            width: 50%;
            }

#header-topNav {
            float: right;
            width: 50%;
            text-align: right;
            }
    And change the 2 widths to open more space for the left side... The one on the left is the
    HTML Code:
    #header-welcome {
    but the 2 together have to equil 100% so I would do probably 60% and 40%... Just kind of play with it to find a good width for you. I am glad you pointed this out, I will probably open up more space in the next release here soon as im sure your not the only one!

That should pick the search and contact number up out of the nav area and fix it. If it does not let me know what it changes and I can figure the next thing out!
    Zen Cart Help and Design

If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.

Plugin Contributions

Firstly, thank you Anne and other contributors for the information, I shall give it a whirl. I have to go back to the footer and have re-instated the Important line as I need to put some links in there now...not sure how yet but will get to that in a moment.

The above screenshot also happens to me since I installed google languages add-on and (only) if I choose to display in another language, such as Greek. Then my screen and menu bar also goes wrong and looks like the above. I do not know why this happens but a fix or solution would be great!
    Most likely would be a similar issue to above.. what is your domain name and I can switch it and try to see whats going on.
    Zen Cart Help and Design

Plugin Contributions

If you need to add links to the Important Links in the footer you do that via EZ pages in the admin panel.
    Does anyone know how to amend the headings in the footer rows or how to add one, I would ideally like to add another row/heading under the Customer Service column so i can put my Terms of Sale there. Thanks.
    To make add or change the text in the footer you can do so by going to the following page: /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/azienda/footer_menu_defines.php

There are 2 parts to this page, there are the top that defines the words and links. And the bottom part creates the order of the links that will be displayed. To change the text you would just need to change the top part.

Find the column you will find the text and then which line is the one you want to change

Code:
    /*BOF Menu Column 1 link Definitions*/
    Define('TITLE_ONE', '<tophead>Quick Links</tophead><br /><br />');
    Define('HOME', '<li><a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG . '</a></li>');
    Define('FEATURED','<li><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' .  TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS .  '</a></li>');
    Define('SPECIALS', '<li><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS . '</a></li>');
    Define('NEWPRODUCTS', '<li><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' . BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW . '</a></li>');
    Define('ALLPRODUCTS', '<li><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) . '">' .CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL . '</a></li>');
    /*EOF Menu Column 1 link Definitions*/
    This is the first column, there are 6 lines, the first one is always the header text and the 5 after are the following links. The links are formatted in the following way.

Code:
    Define('LINK NAME', '<li><a href="LINK YOU WANT TO GO TO">TITLE OF THE LINK THAT IS DISPLAYED</a></li>');
    Now to add another line all you need to do is first add another line (The ones we just talked about) below on the line you want it displayed. Make sure you create a unique link name then add that link name to the bottom section

Code:
    <ul>' . TITLE_ONE . HOME . FEATURED . SPECIALS . NEWPRODUCTS . ALLPRODUCTS . NEWLINKNAME . '</ul></dd>');
    make sure you keep the period at the end of the new link name. Save the file and it should update it!
    Zen Cart Help and Design

Plugin Contributions

Default help requested

Hello There,
    I need help to fixing the cart information in the header. thanks

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	11315

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast