Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Account in header nav

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    Is there a way to have the My Account page appear in the header nav menu when the customer is signed in? I can see that it is in the footer nav but it's hard for a customer to find that.
    This is default zen cart functionality. Take a look at the tpl_header.php file in the template_default to find the code and add it to your tpl_header.php file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Account in header nav

Ah... I figured it out. Here's what I did for anyone else who's trying to do this. I decided to put the My Account link in the very top next to the log off link rather than in the menu.

Edit the file includes/templates/azienda/common/tpl_header as follows:

Find the code:
    Code:
    <ul>
                     <li>Welcome to <?php echo STORE_NAME; ?></a></li>
                        <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>                    
                     <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>

<?php
                       } else {
                        if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
                        ?>
                     <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CREATE_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
                        <?php } } ?>
                   </ul>
    Add this line:
    Code:
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
    Right above this line:
    Code:
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
    That should do it!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

help question Breadcrumb nav

I've been working a lot with this template over the past few weeks and have made good progress on tweaking it to my needs. One thing I notice is that the template seems to do away with the breadcrumb navigation such during checkout and also traversing a category tree. Has anyone had experience with "putting it back"? Hoping to save myself some digging around. But if no one has a quick answer, I'll do some comparing with other shops I've set up using different templates that do have that nav and see if I can pinpoint what to change (and of course, post back here in case anyone else needs this!).
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Breadcrumb nav

Oh for pete's sake! I spent a lot of time looking for the code for this and the breadcrumbs were actually there the whole time but the stylesheet has display set to none.

If anyone else is looking to "turn the breadcrumbs back on" just go into the stylesheet and find the selector "#navBreadCrumb" and comment it out or delete it. Of course then you can also do further styling to suit your needs.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded the spanish language plugin and installed it but I get DEFINE errors in the header and sideboxes. Is there an easy way to run this template in spanish too as I would like to offer the customer a choice of languages.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by coucho View Post
    I downloaded the spanish language plugin and installed it but I get DEFINE errors in the header and sideboxes. Is there an easy way to run this template in spanish too as I would like to offer the customer a choice of languages.

Thanks in advance.
    As with any template package, you need top copy over all template language files to your new language and then translate them.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi I am setting up the social media links in the footer but I cannot get the facebook link to go to my facebook page. One can click and it goes to my stores sitemap. google plus works as do the other links.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by coucho View Post
    Hi I am setting up the social media links in the footer but I cannot get the facebook link to go to my facebook page. One can click and it goes to my stores sitemap. google plus works as do the other links.

Any ideas?
    I found the problem the other day and thought I would share. It was some errant code leftover from a template I used for a short while a couple of years ago which had social media links in the html output file and I guess there was a conflict. Removed the file and the links work now.

Plugin Contributions

Is this template compatible with the fast and easy checkout plug in? I have tried it twice and cant seem to get it to work.
    I upload the fec files to the proper places and add the sql patch but the template becomes scrambled.
    Any ideas?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234