Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Yorkshire Clean Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cuysan View Post
    Very beautiful template, as all of yours are. ;) I want to remove "Brands" from the mega-header-menu. Piece of cake to do that. How can I get the "Service" link to open with a smaller box? If I remove Brands, then the drop-down extends beyond website borders. Sorry if I missed it somewhere but don't see the fix on stylesheet_mega_menu.css. Please point me in the right direction.

Attachment 11249
    Hello,

May i ask how you removed the "brands" from the header menu? I've added the following line in the stylesheet "stylesheet_mega_menu.css":

.manufacturers-li{display:none;}

as explained in the readme with this template. Unfortenately the header keeps showing "brands" even after clearing the browser history in ie and ff.
    I've tried all the other options, but without any luck. The template css location is \includes\templates\yorkshire_clean\css

some screenshots attached.

gr. Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, this is the right attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

nevemind my reply, after enabling ssl in the configure files it suddenly works. I've really no idea why and what happened but the "brands" (and in this test all the other options) are disabled.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by roekoe View Post
    nevemind my reply, after enabling ssl in the configure files it suddenly works. I've really no idea why and what happened but the "brands" (and in this test all the other options) are disabled.
    I am happy that you figured it out.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I have been having a display problem which I think I have sorted out regarding Chrome, Safari and Flock and the positioning of the navMain section. Initially the problem looked like the Mega Menu options had dropped below the Mega Menu banner and I thought I'd messed up the dimensions of the logo or the main image. Then I noticed the 'Home, Log In, Sales Basket and Checkout' didn't appear to be visible and I realised that it was this section that was pushing the mega menu down.

Took a bit of working out but tracked the problem down to the tpl_header.php held in the templates/yorkshire_clean/common folder. Although all the <div id and <div class 's all had a related </div>, the one for <div id="logoWrapper"> was placed after the div for header-right which meant the header-right and navMain were all being included within the logoWrapper. As far as I could see from checking the standard tpl_header.php the logo and navMain should be separate.

Solution seemed to be to move the </div> from line 116 to be in front of the start of header-right - line 78. Once this was done, all browsers were happy again.

Would appreciate it if my solution could be checked. I appreciate I may have done changes outside this module that might have had a knock on effect, those have been css and image changes. This certainly worked for me.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BTaylor351 View Post
    Hi, I have been having a display problem which I think I have sorted out regarding Chrome, Safari and Flock and the positioning of the navMain section. Initially the problem looked like the Mega Menu options had dropped below the Mega Menu banner and I thought I'd messed up the dimensions of the logo or the main image. Then I noticed the 'Home, Log In, Sales Basket and Checkout' didn't appear to be visible and I realised that it was this section that was pushing the mega menu down.

Took a bit of working out but tracked the problem down to the tpl_header.php held in the templates/yorkshire_clean/common folder. Although all the <div id and <div class 's all had a related </div>, the one for <div id="logoWrapper"> was placed after the div for header-right which meant the header-right and navMain were all being included within the logoWrapper. As far as I could see from checking the standard tpl_header.php the logo and navMain should be separate.

Solution seemed to be to move the </div> from line 116 to be in front of the start of header-right - line 78. Once this was done, all browsers were happy again.

Would appreciate it if my solution could be checked. I appreciate I may have done changes outside this module that might have had a knock on effect, those have been css and image changes. This certainly worked for me.
    What is the url to your site?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Hello. I am trying to remove the social networking images and links....I have followed the instructions:

In your favorite plain text editor open includes/templates/yorkshire_clean/css/stysheet_footer_menu.css

At the bottom of the file add display:none; to the class for each icon you don't want to display. So, for example if you don't want to display the facebook icon you would add:

.facebook{display:none;}

The classes used for the icons are:

.facebook
    .twitter
    .youtube
    .pinterest
    .google
    .blog

THE PROBLEM IS....I only see Facebook as an option in stysheet_footer_menu.css
    ....I don't see the other social networking in the file.

I only have this in my social media area of that file:

#social-media a{color:#fffffc;}
    .smi{vertical-align:middle;margin-right:5px;height:20px;width:20px;margin-top:0px;}
    .blog{margin-right:50px;}
    Last edited by TheGuild; 17 Oct 2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Clarification

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BTaylor351 View Post
    No, it is not correct to make this change. You are not using all of the header elements so this is why you were having the problem. The problem is not with the xhtml. If you modify or change the template or leave elements out, then you need to do cross browser testing again. You will fix any issues in the css, not the php files.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuild View Post
    Hello. I am trying to remove the social networking images and links....I have followed the instructions:

In your favorite plain text editor open includes/templates/yorkshire_clean/css/stysheet_footer_menu.css

At the bottom of the file add display:none; to the class for each icon you don't want to display. So, for example if you don't want to display the facebook icon you would add:

The classes used for the icons are:

.facebook
    .twitter
    .youtube
    .pinterest
    .google
    .blog

THE PROBLEM IS....I only see Facebook as an option in stysheet_footer_menu.css
    ....I don't see the other social networking in the file.

I only have this in my social media area of that file:

#social-media a{color:#fffffc;}
    .smi{vertical-align:middle;margin-right:5px;height:20px;width:20px;margin-top:0px;}
    .blog{margin-right:50px;}
    If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast