Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site has disappeared with Mysql error in its place

Also remember: A Zen Cart site has TWO application_top.php files:
    /includes/application_top.php
    /admin/includes/application_top.php (/admin/ being whatever you renamed your admin to)

DO NOT mix them up. They have different contents inside the files.

Same with several other files.

It's very important that all the files you replace go into their correct respective locations.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm. I'm guessing -- perhaps that patch file refers to the alias Admin name? I did not make changes to any files.
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, ALWAYS substitute YOUR admin foldername for anytime any instructions refer to /admin/

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. Okay. I double checked and uploaded again the patch files. It appeared all files were loaded into the correct locations.

I am a cautious creature.

1. question: Which file needs the correction to the Admin file name?
    2. How do I find line 126 to ensure I make the correct change?

I get so dang nervous. This is why I have not upgraded -- but I will shortly.

BTW, I did NOT upload the install files because my site is live.

Thank you
    Last edited by rush_woman; 8 Sep 2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Also, my ZC version is 1.3.7. Perhaps that is a problem, too. Perhaps I am SOL and will have to upgrade now. sigh ....

Thank you,
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Default Site down; How do I recover post-Upgrade Info

1. My 1.3.7 site remains down and I can not access the Admin. How, then, do I:

• "BEFORE UPGRADING, Take note of the login IDs, transaction keys, email addresses and other settings already configured in EACH of your Payment AND Shipping modules (You'll need this info so you can re-enter it after Installing the modules again).
    • Remove each module by clicking the "Remove" button for each one"

When I can not even get into my store?

2. I have never knowingly changed program code. I have altered CSS in the original template changing font colors, fonts, that sort of thing, and placed those files in a Sacred Showers template folder.

Should I still do the compare files step outside of comparing the template files?

Think I will start tomorrow; reading everything tonight. Will also verify server requirements but since upgrading to 1.3.9h and then 1.5 requires the same method and testing, I might as well move to 1.5 now.

Thank you,
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site down; How do I recover post-Upgrade Info

You don't state WHY your site is down.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The writing down of existing admin settings can be done after you have done the database upgrade and get logged into your admin.
    It's often easier to do it before-hand, but generally is okay to do after the database-upgrade step of zc_install.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know why the site went down. I assume it has something to do with my hosting company upgrading the PHP from 4.0 to default of 5.3 but I don't know for a fact.

I have not gotten my site backup from my post of a few days ago. I uploaded all the patch files to the correct locations, twice, but one error message remains and I have no idea how to fix it.

I will attempt to upgrade to resolve the problem but my hosting service does not support the 1.5 requirements so I will need to see if I can correct that issue tomorrow.

Will 1.3.7 run on PHP 5.2? There is an option to upgrade to php 5.2. Perhaps I can replace the patch files and upgrade to 5.2 and the site will work while I do the testing stuff.

If my DB was not full of products, I would simply do a new install because the upgrade looks time-consuming and I already have a full schedule. My shows begin in 14 days and all my marketing materials have my website on them. Bad business if the site is down.
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, 1.3.7 is not compatible with PHP 5.3, so if your PHP version has been changed to 5.3, then your 1.3.7 site will not work without significant patching.

v1.3.7 did "kinda" run on PHP 5.2. But v1.3.7.1 was released to handle some quirks with it. And of course numerous newer versions were also released to deal with newer versions of PHP, etc.

What "one error message remains"?

Which of the v1.5 requirements does your host "not support"?

And as for "I would just do a new install because upgrading looks time-consuming", you're talking about the same thing either way. See this article: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast