Plugin Contributions

Default Error on ez-pages

Hello,

A few months ago I updated my zc installation from 1.3.9h to 1.5.0 and since then I can't create ez-pages. When I go to tools>ez-pages I see this warning:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    If I open the logs I see this error:

[17-Sep-2012 12:26:03] PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'XXXX.TABLE_EZPAGES_TEXT' doesn't exist :: select count(*) as total from ezpages e, TABLE_EZPAGES_TEXT et where e.pages_id = et.pages_id and et.languages_id = '2' in /home/XXXX/www/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 101
    Anybody knows what can happen?

I don't use any especific module for ez-pages, and I only have installed the ceon uri-mapping, google analytics, sitemap xml and image handler4.

Does anybody knows how I can fix it?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error on ez-pages

Table 'XXXX.TABLE_EZPAGES_TEXT'
    Are the XX's actual or just what you added?
    Use phpmyadmin and check that your tables exist and all have the identical prefix or none
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There is no "ezpages_text" table in original Zen Cart code.

Thus, your store is looking for a table added by an addon. Probably a multi-language ez-pages thing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Are the XX's actual or just what you added?
    Use phpmyadmin and check that your tables exist and all have the identical prefix or none
    No, I had replaced the folder and DB name with XX's and yes, all the tables has the same prefix.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    There is no "ezpages_text" table in original Zen Cart code.

Thus, your store is looking for a table added by an addon. Probably a multi-language ez-pages thing.
    I've looking at the DB and the "ezpages_text" table doesn't exists. The upgrade from v1.3.9h to v1.5.0 was clean, I only copy all the database and no one older file remained in the new installation. Any idea what can I do to solve this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I must beg to differ. Whether you think so or not, you DO have PHP code (files) on your site from addons that are NOT part of original Zen Cart code. Otherwise you wouldn't be seeing those errors.

Zen Cart's database tablenames are referenced by "constants", which are defined with define() statements, such as:

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS', DB_PREFIX . 'customers');

When an addon is written, if it uses database tables of its own, it must supply similar define() statements for those new tablenames that it uses.
    It must also use those defined constants in the SQL queries it prepares inside its PHP files.
    In your case, you have PHP files which are making reference to a constant "TABLE_EZPAGES_TEXT", which tells me the addon/plugin almost certainly had its own table named ezpages_text.
    Now, whether your database has such a table or not is irrelevant at this point. The thing is your PHP files *do* contain code for that plugin, and until you remove that code from your PHP files, you'll continue getting that error.

Or you could go through the process of fully installing (or perhaps re-installing) that addon, which would result in both the creation of the database table and also the defining of that constant so that the error message wouldn't occur.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi jofera!

I had this problem myself.You need to copy table ezpages_text to table_ezpages_text and then reinstall multi-language ez pages module.Then you have to copy the whole table_ezpages_text to ezpages_content and voila!
    Let me know if you get stuck anywhere!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by geryjuhasz View Post
    Hi jofera!

I had this problem myself.You need to copy table ezpages_text to table_ezpages_text and then reinstall multi-language ez pages module.Then you have to copy the whole table_ezpages_text to ezpages_content and voila!
    Let me know if you get stuck anywhere!
    Um, no, that's actually rather bad advice.

Better is to fix the missing PHP define for TABLE_EZPAGES_TEXT and then you don't need to mangle any of your database data at all.

Plugin Contributions

I have used this module, with 1.3.9, and it is quite a "fussy" plugin. I only ever installed it once (on a test site) and when it worked it worked well. But it did not like "empty" fields... ie: if I added content to English, then I had to put something into the French field as well... it could not be left blank. When left blank, the thing went haywire and had to be uninstalled, then re-installed.

I do not know how it performs on 1.5
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I get this error too. and it says;

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

I get this every time.