Plugin Contributions

Default First time using. How do I remove all default Advertisements ?

Here is my site
    http://bythetee.com/

Also I tried to remove zencart logo.gif & place by my logo.gif dose not show up?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: First time using ZenCart How do I remove all ZenCart Advertisement ?

You can disable the advertisements in various places: Tools > Banner Manager, Tools > Layout Boxes Controller (sideboxes), Tools > Define Pages Editor (define_main_page.php)

What steps did you take to try to replace the stock logo.gif with your own? What folders did you use?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: First time using ZenCart How do I remove all ZenCart Advertisement ?

Tools > Banner Manager, to remove all banners

Your logo can be found at http://bythetee.com/includes/templat.../header_bg.jpg

Upload a new logo to the location

Plugin Contributions

header_bg.jpg is completely different from logo.gif. It is strictly called by the stylesheet and not by PHP files, and is not your logo (although some use it for that purpose). If your custom logo.gif is the same size as the stock version, simply saving your version in /includes/templates/your_template/images/ will cause it to override the stock /template_default/ version. If it is a different size or name, you will need to follow the tutorial on logos to edit a PHP file so it shows up correctly.

Do you have a custom template folder yet? (See the tutorials on templates.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You can disable the advertisements in various places: Tools > Banner Manager, Tools > Layout Boxes Controller (sideboxes), Tools > Define Pages Editor (define_main_page.php)

What steps did you take to try to replace the stock logo.gif with your own? What folders did you use?

Thank you got most of it off except for book in middle of page.

What I did for logo is deleted zencart & replace file with the same file name for my picture maybe size of image is to big maybe why is not showing up

Plugin Contributions

Before you do any more work, please read in the FAQs "Template Customization/ Building Overrides" section about making your own custom template folder. You should leave /classic/ as is so you can switch to it in case of template problems for debugging. If you like it for a starting point, copy its folders to your custom template name and do modifications there. Otherwise you can install a free template from Plugins (some like Future Zen are very simple and give a base with no code clutter).

There should also be an FAQ with complete details on how to replace the logo.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Before you do any more work, please read in the FAQs "Template Customization/ Building Overrides" section about making your own custom template folder. You should leave /classic/ as is so you can switch to it in case of template problems for debugging. If you like it for a starting point, copy its folders to your custom template name and do modifications there. Otherwise you can install a free template from Plugins (some like Future Zen are very simple and give a base with no code clutter).

There should also be an FAQ with complete details on how to replace the logo.
    Ok I will try that

How do I add French ,Italy & Japanese Language?

Plugin Contributions

How do I add French ,Italy & Japanese Language?
    Are you fluent in these languages??

You will need to be to add description text along with any other pages you have customized
    ie main page, privacy, etc
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Are you fluent in these languages??

You will need to be to add description text along with any other pages you have customized
    ie main page, privacy, etc
    I went to define_main_page.php to erase book advertisement still their?

Plugin Contributions

I don't see the book advertisement. I do see the classic template. You might want to look at the free templates available for Zen Cart. Any one of the would give you a jump start on creating your own template. It's not a good idea to modify the templates that come with Zen Cart. You can see the free templates at http://(sorry, site offline)/
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey