Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to edit orders/invoices after upgrade

After the upgrade (from 1.3.7 to 1.5.0) I am no longer able to edit (or even view completely) orders/invoices. Clicking on the edit will bring up the order screen, list the customer/adress, shipping address, billing address, tel, email, ip, invoice #, date purchased, payment method (and details of the payment), referral - and then nothing else. No product purchased or totals, no special instructions, no update process fields. It's just blank from that point on. Same thing when viewing the invoice - it doesn't list anything after referral.

Any thoughts on what might be happening here or where I should look to see if there is some errant/bad code running around?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to edit orders/invoices after upgrade to 1.5

You might look at some of the threads below in the similar threads but, we need to know more. If you can reply with answers to the posting tip questions, you might get better help.

Plugin Contributions

Dbltoe -
    - I have not posted about this before.
    - I have indicated version in use and from what version I upgraded from.
    - Used upgrade procedure to do upgrade.
    - I have not installed any add-ons from before as they are no longer supported.
    - Installed via FTP and zc_install
    - There are no customizations made to the admin area.
    - Problem should not be related to server/hosting company.
    - Search for information in FAQ and forums relating to this not found.
    - Problem appears to have started after the upgrade. I haven't had a new order to check on since I did the upgrade, and now that I have one I noticed the problem. This issue affects all orders including those prior to upgrade.

The threads that you provided were not relevant to this problem.

What other information would you like?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're getting a blank page, or a blank "part" of the page, it's because of PHP errors in your code. See: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte - Thank You! The "blank-page" thread pointed me to the debug file in the cache and it indicated a call to undefined function (zen_get_orders_customers_referral) in orders.php. Apparently there was an extra custom function in my previous version install (1.3.7). I found the code in the forum, created a file, and it works fine now. Nice to see that I can refund/void credit card transactions right from within Zen instead of having to log in to firstdata (this feature wasn't present in 1.3.7).

Quick question - in order to refund/void, you need to enter the original transaction ID. There is nothing on the order that is indicated as "transaction id". Would this be the "Reference Number"?

Plugin Contributions

Verify with First Data that refunds/partial refunds work as you think through the admin interface.

I have an issue with my CC processor which uses an Authorize.Net emulator, that if I did a partial refund through the admin pages, it actually refunded the ENTIRE amount.

I have to do all refunds, full and partial, through the CC processors website.

Plugin Contributions

Limitless - ok, but still which number do I use for "Transaction ID"?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to edit orders/invoices after upgrade

The transaction ID needed for a refund may be different between different processors, but is usually the transaction ID or authorization code received from the gateway when the transaction took place.
    And that info is usually included in the order-history comments in your order info ... for gateways that support it.
    Maybe your old version didn't store that info in the comments/history, so you may have to wait until a new order comes in before you'll get that info.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.