Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again

I posted about stock for attributes and found the plug in but can't get it to upload. I go to the SQL Query Executor and paste the code or even if I try to upload the file it says WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    Also in the includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE. I am using the Avignon template, is that what I call the file? Been trying to do this for over an hour and its driving me nuts. Any help will help. I am uploading the 4.7 plugin for this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upload plugin problem: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and tr

have you tried uploading the sql info into the myPHPadmin of the c-panel on your server.
    store version would be good to know also

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upload plugin problem: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and tr

Store version is 1.5 and no I have not gone any further with the upload and trying to load it any where else.

Plugin Contributions

are you sure this is for your version of cart and what template are you using...some purchased ones are sooooo edited to get them to do what they want , they forget we use other peoples mods too...which means more money for them to install or edit to help out...lol

forgot to ask the mods name too please

Plugin Contributions

I was trying to install the stock by attributes 4.7a but I heard it has some files missing. I also think I did the install in reverse, I added or tried to add the .sql files first then the folders.

I have now found the 1.5 version that I know works and posted in the attributes section of the forum asking some questions about how to rename folders and install order. I am using a free template called avignon that I changed with my logo ect. Its a pretty simple template not much different then the default template.

Any help on the install order and renaming would really help.

This is a section of the instructions I want to know about as far as renaming. Step 1 Folder Rename:
    Rename admin folder to your current admin folder name
    Rename includes/languages/english/"CHANGE TO YOUR TEMPLATE NAME" to your current template folder name
    rename includes/templates/"CHANGE TO YOUR TEMPLATE NAME" to your current templage folder name. Thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

ok, renaming of the folders in the zip are mainly so you do not get confused as to where you need to manually upload the files within them.

so when you open the zip you can rename the file folders to match what yours on the server are called.....admin (or whatever yours is called now), your template ( which would be avignon, for the files to go into -- so you do not overwrite any original files), this is so you have any plugin files that need to have an override folder.

Then using ftp you open the first folder in your zip and go to the exact same folder on your server. manually transfer the files to the same spot there....make sure you have backed up your database and the files first (I always have every file on my computer as a backup so if it gets messed up I reload the original if need be) -- never upload the entire folder to the sever because it will overwrite the one you have there.

Once you upload all files to the server -- sometimes if many you need to do a few at a time cause some hosts corrupt files a little if done a lot at once-- then go to admin and run the SQL code given.

Always read the readme file included to see any tips the creator has given and how they suggest to install. Most times though you upload files then do the SQL.

backup, backup did I mention to backup?

Plugin Contributions

So which folders do I upload from SBA 1.5, all or Admin and includes like I was instructed before. Also you said never upload a full folder, if I upload the admin folder and changed it to my admin folder name and load it to my server, won't that overwrite the folder and its contents. This is the full instructions from the creator for uploading stock by attributes 1.5. What steps would you take as a pro zenner to upload this mod.
    These files are only for Zen-Cart version 1.5.0!!!

CReinold Version of Stock by Attributes 5.0 W/Dynamic Drop Downs Installation

(5.0 stands for the fifth version of this add on by an contributor)

Updated in this version 1.5:
    Fixed functions_lookups.php so that additional images load.

Note Important!!! Please install and test on a test site before installing on a live site!

Step 1 Folder Rename:
    Rename admin folder to your current admin folder name
    Rename includes/languages/english/"CHANGE TO YOUR TEMPLATE NAME" to your current template folder name
    rename includes/templates/"CHANGE TO YOUR TEMPLATE NAME" to your current templage folder name

Step 2 File Overwrites:
    Becareful of these files as they overwrite current files. Please use winmerge to compare file before overwriting. If you are installing on fresh install of zen- cart 1.5.0 go ahead and overwrite the files.
    admin/orders.php
    admin/includes/functions/general.php
    includes/database_tables.php
    includes/classes/order.php
    includes/functions/functions_lookups.php
    includes/languages/english/CHANGE TO YOUR TEMPLATE/product_info.php
    includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header.php
    includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header.php
    includes/templates/CHANGE TO YOUR TEMPLATE NAME/template/tpl_modules_attributes.php
    includes/templates/CHANGE TO YOUR TEMPLATE NAME/template/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php

Step 3 Run SQL
    Log into admin then go to -->tools-->install SQL patched and paste in the install.sql

Step 4 Configure SBA and Dynamic drop down in admin.
    Go to Configuration -- > Stock then change settings as needed.

Step 5 go catalog --> Products with Attributes
    Add quanity stock to your product attributes.

To Uninstall run the uninstall.sql in admin then replace all overwrite files with the original zen-cart files

Plugin Contributions

you DO NOT upload the folders, like I said that will overwrite your store files.

you upload the files from the folders you see in the zip...if they are in the zip as admin files then go to the admin folder and upload the files that are in there...IF they are nestled in another folder -- open it to upload those to the exact same folder on your server.

do that with each set of folders that it tells you to upload files for the mod to work right....

back up your files before you start uploading, back up the database too and put them on your computer for safe keeping.

then when done uploading all the files that you need from that zip go to admin and install the SQL

as he said make sure that those files in that list of ones being overwritten...you look at his and the ones on your server to compare --if you have edited them prior to this mod... so you can add the edits to his files for the upload.

Plugin Contributions

Okay I have loaded all the files from the zip folders one at a time to the folder they belong except one. The ajax folder, there is no folder in zen cart called ajax that I can find to put the java script files. Do I add the folder to the directory or the java script files into another folder that these folders should be in. Or do they not need to be uploaded for the mod. to work? Also one folder did not exist in a folders sub category so I added the folder, I assume that was correct.

Plugin Contributions

that's the ticket, create or upload the ajax one to create it with files already in there. Sometimes we need to create a folder for the files given. Yes if they are in the zip then that mod needs them to run right, if the folder already existed then you would just have had to do the files to it only.

I hope the folder you did create is right if not then the mod wil not work and you might get an error file in the cache folder (which by the way should be looked at occasionally and if anything in there open with editor to see what it says, keep the copy then delete from server).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast